Wildcard Searches - "Cases"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcard Searches - "Cases"

Does anybody know how to set up or allow for wildcard searching in "Cases"?

I am not finding anything in the forums that seem to help with this, apologies if I missed something.

We've actually re-purposed this module and call it "Tickets" and the search ability is very much lacking.

It doesn't seem to support wildcard or fuzzy searching, which vastly limits our ability to find things or cases.

I'd like to be able to search for words, phrases, or use * or % to search for any of the search fields in the Cases section.

If anybody is able to help with this my Team would greatly appreciate it, as they're starting to abandon using this because they can't find anything.

With appreciation,

Administration > Entity Manager > Case > Edit.

1. Add 'Description' to Text Filter Fields. This will allow to search in the Description.
    2. Optionally, enable Full-text-search. Requires running Rebuild after enabling. It will allow you to use full-text search operators and will make search much faster if you have a lot of cases.

The documentation article about text search: https://docs.espocrm.com/user-guide/text-search/

BTW. Cases and Tickets are the same concepts. It's not a re-purpose.

Comment

• Zoltar
      Zoltar commented
      Editing a comment
      We enabled this and performed a rebuild. This helped a bit, and I could have sworn this was enabled already but it may have been during our testing phase. I see "%" works which is plenty sufficient a wildcard for our use. Thanks!

Question to all. Do we need to enable full-text-search and add Description by default for Cases?

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      All our main entity, I enable Full Text search. But sometime have to delete some field because it will destroy the search altogether.

My opinion is that the fuzzy search option is more interesting, but while the basic version of the DB is MySQL, it is difficult. In this regard, Postgres has both native tools such as Levenshtein, trigrams, etc., as well as the ability to work with vectorized data with an index. IMHO

Comment

Hopefully in the future we can do search using name: method instead of Field input.

For example, we can just do

lastname:john

Currently we have to add "Lastname" search option, type it in the input. Which is pretty good if we want to do certain like "NOT" option. Or "CONTAIN", etc.

Comment

Working...
      X