Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• documents, Search etc.

Hi, second issue first:

I set the variable in mysql cnf to 3 as stated in documentation to be able to search with only 3 characters, but it won't work. In some cases, it only finds one hit with 4 characters but both hits only with 6 characters, although both hits have the same name in the first 30 characters (they are different entities, it's like Mercedes-Benz AG and Mercedes Benz Bank AG, if i search for mer i'll find Mercedes Bank AG, if i enter mercedes i'll get both. I don't assume, that this one is the correct solution.
    Fun fact: if i enter mercedes in global search, i only see Mercedes Benz AG and the contacts, which have been found in both Mercedes Benz AG and Mercedes Benz Bank AG (names are just inventions to show the problem)

Secondly, i'd like to have a reference to the company i added documents to.

So it says:

Folder Name File
    Contracts Contract signed 2024-05-01 contract signed.pdf

I'd like to have it that way:

Folder Account Name File
    Contracts Mercedes Benz AG Contract signed 2024-05-01 contract signed.pdf

When i add e relation, it shows me the header Account but although this document is being attached to an account, the column is empty.

What do i miss?

Thanks and best

elaborate your question a bit more, your problem is not understandable this way.

Comment

Re: Documentlisting:

Click image for larger version  Name:	grafik.png Views:	0 Size:	14.0 KB ID:	106579

Re: Search:

Click image for larger version  Name:	grafik.png Views:	0 Size:	21.9 KB ID:	106581​​

I DID set the variable ft_min_word_len​ to 3 and restarted MySQL.
      i also did this: php rebuild.php​
      And then rebuilt in the backend (admin area) as well.

MariaDB [(none)]> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'ft_%';
      +--------------------------+----------------+
      | Variable_name | Value |
      | ft_boolean_syntax | + -><()~*:""&| |
      | ft_max_word_len | 84 |
      | ft_min_word_len | 3 |
      | ft_query_expansion_limit | 20 |
      | ft_stopword_file | (built-in) |
      5 rows in set (0.001 sec)​

Here the settings of Maria DB as reference​

But it won't search for three characters in the first place, secondly it doesn't find the second Mercedes-Benz Bank AG entry when i only enter a part of the search string.

Yes, i did of course enable the FT search for the modules i work with.

Thanks and Best
      j_m
      Attached Files
      Last edited by just_me; 05-24-2024, 08:07 AM.

Comment

It's worth to mention that an email address is also included to the text search field list, but full-text search is not applied for it (as full-text search is limited to a single table). If you remove the Email field for Account and Contact, the result may be different. Administration > Entity Manager > {Account} > edit > Text Filter Fields.

Comment

I'd recommend using a wildcard when you type not full word.

Merc*

Comment

Hi Yuri,
            thank you.
            I tried your recommendation and this works, although i assume, it should also work with three characters if i do not use a wildcard. Although i have the correct setting for MariaDB, it won't work at all.

When i remove the email from fulltextsearch, the results are the same as shown above, which confuses me.

Any idea to make that happen? as well as with the Account thing in documents?

Thanks again for getting back
            j_m

PS: I still don't geht the duplicates check. When i have an entry like Mercedes-Benz AG and i enter one Mercedes Benz AG, will it claim a duplicate or not? What are the rules to determine dupes? You won't get 10 peeps to enter the same name in the same form, in my humble experience.
            Last edited by just_me; 05-24-2024, 02:04 PM.

Comment

> although i assume, it should also work with three characters if i do not use a wildcard

No, it should not search by part of words without wildcards. Otherwise, it would have negated the purpose of the enabled full-text search feature

> When i remove the email from fulltextsearch, the results are the same as shown above, which confuses me.

Do you have only the "name" field in text filter fields now?

> What are the rules to determine dupes?

Exact match.

Note that we use the database's full-text search functionality. It's not written by us, but some adjustments could be done to improve it.

Comment

Ok, i think i got it, whereas i wonder, how the search in relationship works compared to search in lists.

Anyway, can i please get back to the other question:

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	66
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	107312

How can i get the account to show in the list of documents? The header is there, but the relationship does not show. I am sure i am missing something, but i cannot figure out, where i would need to look deeper into.

Thanks and best
                j_m,

Comment

Working...
                X