Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field Level scopes does not have "own" option

Good morning,

I have a custom entity called "Quote". Our Espo is used by 10 inhouse freight forwarders but I encountered a problem.
    We want to give access to all Quotes to all users so they can learn and be better at pricing.
    Contact can have many Quotes.

A freight forwarder should view all fields of own Quotes but all fields minus who is the Contact of Quotes he does not own. Because he shouldn't be able to view who his coworkers works with and for how much.

This is "Freight Forwarder" role's permission.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240516_101301.png
Views:	163
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	106190

The problem is that there is one option missing, because field level has only yes and no. There is no "own" option.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240516_101503.png
Views:	127
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	106191

I would love to hear your tips how to do this.
    If is planned to be implemented in near future or if it is not then how I can implement that with custom code (I am a developer).

Thank you very much

That's correct. Entity level specify whether user can edit/view/remove own records, team or all. If user have access only to his own Quotes, he'll be able to see only quotes which are assigned to user account. On field level you can decide which fields user can view or edit.

I don't see any issue on EspoCRM side in your thread.

Comment

• espo-enthusiast
      espo-enthusiast commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Emilio,

Let's suppose our employee is in Freight Forwarders role and same name team. Role has access to read team Quotes.

We want a user (our employee) to see all Quotes (because all of these Quotes are automatically assigned to "Freight Forwarders" team.
      But few fields should not be visible for him unless he is assignedUser.

In short:

how to make a field visible if currentViewingUser.id == Quote's assignedUserId

?

perhaps in field condition

Comment

Working...
    X