Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding records to a Child Entity by selecting items from another Entity

Hi and Good Day!

I am fairly new to Espo CRM and so far I am loving the functionalities and flexibility of this application.

I need help on how I can configure EspoCRM to display a Child Entity on the Front-End of a Parent Entity and be able to add Child Records from a list coming from another Entity.

For example, in the Opportunities, I want to add the list of Product Items of the Opportunity and have the ability to update a record and add new Product Items by selecting the list of items from another Entity which is the ProductsMasterlist.

Please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards...​

Create a relationship between Oppertunity and products (probably n:n) and put the field created by that relationship (products) in the bottom fields of opportunities (by layout manager).
    If you want to see the opportunities, which has a certain product, you can set the field opportunities in the products.

Comment

• Triggerz
      Triggerz commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Shaimaxb, Thanks for your reply. To clarify, I have the 3 Entities below:

1. Opportunities
      2. Opportunity Products
      3. Products Masterlist

When I add Opportunity Products for a specific Opportunity, I want to select the products that I want to add from the Products Masterlist entity.
      Is this possible to do in EspoCRM?

Why Opportunity products? Do you want to use a same set of products for different opportunities?
    Perhaps it would help, you explain e bit more.

Comment

• Triggerz
      Triggerz commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Shalmaxb, thanks again for responding. My intent is to add product items in Opportunities which will be stored in the Opportunity Products entity. The list of choices to add should come from the Products Masterlist Entity.

Thanks

If you would like to assign products to opportunities, it should be enough to have a relationship between products and opportunities. These products will stay together with the opportunities and it would not be necessary to store them extra in an entity.
    If you absolutely want to have the products also stored in a particular entity opportunity products, you must establish relationships between opportunity and products opportunity as well.
    But I consider that overly complicated and not necessary.

Comment

• Triggerz
      Triggerz commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Shalmaxb,

The Opportunity Products entity will contain the added products for each Opportunity. It will contain the fields (product name, qty, unit price, discount, total amount)

The Products Masterlist entity on the other hand will serve as the master file where all products will be maintained. It will contain the fields (product name, unit price, product category, supplier)

If I directly link the Products entity to the Opportunity entity, any edit that I do on the Product entity record (e.g. qty, discount) will be reflected to all the Opportunity where the product was assigned.

Thanks

not necessarily. It depends how you configure the related fields in opprtunity. You can make them write protect and then any changing in products will not reflect in already added products in opportunities.

Comment

• Triggerz
      Triggerz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks again for your response Shalmaxb, I really appreciate it. I am delighted to know that this can be done in EspoCRM. Can you guide me on what setting do I need to configure so that whenever a user edits the quantity and unit price of product-1 that is in Opportunity-1, will not update the quantity and unit price of product-1 that is in Opportunity-2.
      Last edited by Triggerz; 05-16-2024, 01:45 AM.

in the respective field mark "read only after create". Be aware, that with this configuration the field can still be changed by formula. If you don`t use a formula there, you can create the value and it will not be altered afterwards.

Comment

• Triggerz
      Triggerz commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Shalmaxb,

Thanks for answering my questions and I appreciate you taking time in responding to my queries. I also found out that there is a Sales Pack that actually has the feature I am looking for and will just leverage the extension for my needs.

Thanks Again....
Working...
X