Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Performance issue while updating AssignedTo user on Task.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance issue while updating AssignedTo user on Task.

It takes around 10 secs to update a user on Task entity. On investingation it seems the major roadblock is processNoteACL of Service.php.

The corresponding query is
    SELECT note.id AS `id`, note.parent_type AS `parentType`, note.parent_id AS `parentId`, note.super_parent_type AS `superParentType`, note.super_parent_id AS `superParentId`, note.is_internal AS `isInternal`, note.related_type AS `relatedType`, note.related_id AS `relatedId`, note.created_at AS `createdAt` FROM `note` AS `note` WHERE ((note.related_id = '660c55263d4a29af9' AND note.related_type = 'Task') OR (note.parent_id = '660c55263d4a29af9' AND note.parent_type = 'Task' AND note.super_parent_id IS NOT NULL AND note.related_id IS NULL)) AND note.deleted = 0 ORDER BY note.number DESC LIMIT 0, 50;

The index used here is note.number (unique index) resulting in tablescan. Removing the same result in use of index on related_id. But it appears since there is a condition to check related_id is NULL in the OR clause, - the performance on index is less. On removing the note.related_id IS NULL , two separate indexes are used- one one related_id and another on parent_id and the query is super quick.

Any suggestion to improve this or make is asynchronous. Is it safe to remove related_is IS NULL on the OR clause.

EspoCRM – Open Source CRM Application. Contribute to espocrm/espocrm development by creating an account on GitHub.

What EspoCRM version? What database and what version?

Comment

It is 8.0.2 . Database MySQL 8.0 on Google Cloud

Comment

Weird why I haven't observed this problem on multiple systems.

Maybe the problem will be resolved after upgrading to v8.2, as there were some indices changed. Let me know if the problem persists after upgrade, I'll look more.

Comment

sure thanks

Comment

Working...
          X