Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import generating blank errors

Hi,

I am doing a test import of Accounts data from an older version (7.2) into the current version (8.1.5). Whilst some of the accounts are imported correctly, I get blank import error (no error detail) for some of them. Please help as the import does not state what the error is. See screencap below

Click image for larger version

Name:	import-error-detail.png
Views:	123
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	104169

Additionally i am getting these deprecation errors in the root error log. See screencap below:

Name:	roort-error-log.png
Views:	103
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	104170

Maybe there's something more in the log? There can be messages starting from "Import:"

Comment

My first guess is some value being too long. Such errors should be in the log I believe.

Comment

The deprecated errors tell that you have the deprecated parameter set in the php.ini file. Not related to EspoCRM instance. https://www.php.net/manual/en/filesy...ow-url-include

Comment

Hi yuri

Thank you for the help. The deprecation problem got resolved by switching off the the parameter as you advised. With regards to the blank import error, the log shows only 2 lines as shown below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	error-log.png Views:	0 Size:	16.2 KB ID:	104178
          Additionally, when i export the Phone number or Email which has more than one entry, only one entry gets exported. I am exporting the raw format as a CSV file.

Name:	export-email-phone.png
Views:	85
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	104179 Click image for larger version

Name:	export-file-dump.png
Views:	86
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	104180
          Last edited by murugappan; 03-29-2024, 09:26 PM.

Comment

It's weird that the log message is empty, it complicates things.

I'd try to take a CSV with a single line containing the problem record, and try to import w/o one field. Repeat it with another field until it worked to figure out what exactly field causes the problem. Then it will be easier for me to find out what exactly is the cause.

> Additionally, when i export the Phone number or Email which has more than one entry, only one entry gets exported

I believe this is our current limitation.
            Last edited by yuri; 03-30-2024, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Hi yuri thank you for the prompt assistance.

What is more puzzling is that the import knows there is an error but is unable to point which field is causing it. Also the error detail shows 2 line numbers but I am sure about the Export Line Number but i dont know what the Line Number means.

I will have to adopt your advise to debug the error but that would be tedious when there could be many rows with different errors, also when we import different entities. Anyway of fixing this as the Import already know there is an error?

Comment

It's an error occurred deeper in the code when the entity is being saved. It's not possible to determine what field caused this error other than analytically. As the message is not logged for some reason, it's much harder.

Comment

I checked out one of the error rows. The exported field was an "array" type and the importing field was "text". I discovered this by accident as there was another row imported without error and field value showed as Text value instead of enum value.In other cases i a suspecting the errors may be due to dynamic conditions. I am going to remove all the dynamic conditions in every field and test again.
                  Last edited by murugappan; 03-31-2024, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Hi yuri

This is an update. I resolved the blank error problem. The exporting instance contains currency field which have no default values. On exporting these fields, they are exported as space and fail when importing into a currency field in the target instance.

With regards to the deprecation error in the log, I switched off the "allow_url_include" but the error continues. On further testing, I found that this error is generated only when i run the command line "rebuild.php". When i do the same rebuild using the in-built function i do not get the error.

Comment

The problem that there was no default currency in field definitions or just not stored in database? Maybe was written by formula before, hence bypassed validation.

Comment

• murugappan
                        murugappan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yuri There were no formula for these fields. In the originating Instance, the field defaulted to blank in the field definition.

Updated and Corrected After Testing

With regards to the deprecation error in the log, I switched off the "allow_url_include" but the error continues. On further testing, I found that this error is generated only when i run the command line or built-in "rebuild".

Comment

Updating After Completing the Migration

Hi yuri

As you advised, I found the blank errors were generated due to the Dynamic Logic for setting field required. I removed all these and the import was successful. I would have add these logic after the migrations have been completed and before going live. Thank you for the help.

Comment

Working...
                        X