Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many users of Espo?

Hi,
    I've been looking for a self-hosted CRM for a client and I've been trying out Espo. Looks like it will really fit the bill! I'm very impressed with how customisable it is and yet how clear and easy to use - looks like it has everything we're looking for, great support and is better than I could have imagined. Well done for a great product!

I just have a couple of questions. I know there are no guarantees in life, but it would be good to know that you're not going away any time soon! Is the self-hosted version always going to be around and maintained?

Also have you any idea of number of users? Any indication of number of users in Australia (where we are)?

Thanks for a great product.

Hi,

> Is the self-hosted version always going to be around and maintained?

It's a philosophical question. You can get some insights by looking at the number of commits in the repository made during last years. Too much work were done to abandon it.

> Also have you any idea of number of users?

It's hard to know even an approximate number. Tens thousands around the world I guess.​

Comment

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the main benefits of Open Source, is that if an author abandon a project, anyone can continue maintaining it.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by weblines View Post
      Also have you any idea of number of users? Any indication of number of users in Australia (where we are)?
      Hard to say, not like there any sort of survey or analytic installed in the software.

You can get an rough idea by looking at Download history, how often it get talk about on the internet.

Australia specifically I don't see any mention of an australian website, but surely there are user. How many, and who they are is unknown. Luckily for you, the English community is quite strong so support is always here.

PS: I'm another user like yourself and here to 'plug' the unofficial (haven't update for a while) wiki: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki

Comment

Hi,
        how many users ?
        1) first project +- 2017 => 10 users + advancePack + Outlook + VoIp. now 13 users.
        2) second project +- 2019 => 3 users + advancedPack + Outlook + MailChimp
        3) third project "now" => in test ... => 30 users + advancedPack (and Outlook in a few month)..
        4) four project if project 3 is OK and accepted => +-70 users + advancedPack + Outlook.

So just for me : actually, project 2 is ended on end 2022, so actually : +- 40users..and in futur next year certainly : +- 110 users in 4 instances.

And i am alone and many difficult with users ... :s
        sample users question :
        - "why i must click edit for put entry in field !" :s
        - "we don't need voip pop-up, we don't will click-to-call" .. :s
        - "i will not use Outlook.."
        Last edited by item; 03-12-2024, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• shalmaxb
          shalmaxb commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha, the commmon problems with clients. I know that.

Me updating my app to enhance.
          Answer from the client: "More and more enhancements, it overwhelms me. Why we can`t have a simple app?"
          My answer: Because you want more functions, hence more complex. This is impossible by making it more simple.
          You can get desperate.

• item
          item commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes shalmaxb, incredible.

But i do one big changement on the workflows on all theses entreprise (no commercial).
          I change completly the workflows !
          When i explained all workflow changement, users say : "this is a bomb for users" !
          I say : yes, i change your workflow since 20 years to a new workflows.. but the result is "you will be more happy because espocrm have all for facilitate your job !"

Today, one users say another to write a doc ... user loose time to write a doc .. i say, why you don't ask me, i create a template and no write doc !

I will go 2 month on holliday ... and put phone to fly mode

Thanks, everyone. This is a very helpful and active forum - that bodes well!

Comment

Working...
        X