Webhooks are not instant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webhooks are not instant?

Hi all. I'm new to EspoCRM (as well as any Php based software).

---

Do correct me if i'm wrong:

I was quite surprised to find out that Webhooks are not processed instantaneously in EspoCRM. Instead, they are based on a 'polling' approach, using Cron (the lowest resolution for which is 1 minute).

Is that really the case or am i missing something here?

So far, across all the softwares/languages (except Php) that i have interacted with, in any capacity, i've found that Webhooks are an 'instantaneous concept'.

> 'instantaneous concept'.

Not necessary.

> 'polling' approach

The 'polling' term might be wrong. here.

> the lowest resolution for which is 1 minute

You can set up smaller than 1 minute intervals. See our docs on Jobs configuration. You can have 15 seconds for example. Or even 5 seconds.

Any sane implementation would use queue to process Webhooks sending. Let alone it's normal to send them in batches what already implies that it's not necessary should be instantaneous. You just need to configure the queue processing if you would like to have Webhooks being sent more quickly.
    Last edited by yuri; 03-04-2024, 10:20 AM.

Comment

yuri

Thanks for the response.

> > the lowest resolution for which is 1 minute
      > You can set up smaller than 1 minute intervals. See our docs on Jobs configuration. You can have 15 seconds for example. Or even 5 seconds.

I did go through this: https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/jobs/#jobs

But couldn't find any details regarding setting the frequency to less than a minute.

Comment

Either use daemon, or crontab with a 'sleep' trick.

Comment

Working...
        X