New event entity not showing up in My Activities Dashlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New event entity not showing up in My Activities Dashlet

I've just discovered EspoCRM and really impressed with it! Thank you to the team.

I have downloaded and installed v8.1.5 and I have done some customisations (via Administration interface). So far, I just have one question, which I cannot solve.

I have added a new Entity (Event type), created a few test instances, and managed to get it displaying in the Calendar, and the Activities listings in the Accounts, Contacts, Leads and Opportunities pages.

However, when I add the My Activities Dashlet to the Dashboard, my new entity items are not appearing in the listing.

I have visited:-
    Administration - User Interface - Dashboard - My Activities, and made sure the new entity is added to "What to display"
    Administration - Settings - Activities and added my entity to the Calendar, Activities and History lists
    Dashboard - Add Dashlet - My Activities, and changed the settings to include my new entity in "What to display" and (also ensured there are enough records and days to to view for the new entities to appear).
    I have refreshed the Dashlet and visited Administration - Clear Cache. (I also tried removing the My Activities and then adding it again).

But still my new entity items do not appear in the My Activities Dashlet, although they do appear in the Calendar Dashlet, and also if I choose a Record List Dashlet and select my new entity type.

I only have 1 user. When I visit my user's own page and show the Activities panel, the new entity items show up there along with other activities.

Am I missing something? Is there another step I need to do? Or is this possibly a bug?

Thanks for your help.

Hi weblines,

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue. Custom entity records are successfully displayed on the My Activities dashlet.

To begin with, please show a screenshot of at least one of the records (Detail View). Need a little more detail about the records themselves.
    Also, it would be nice to see a screenshot of the custom entity settings itself (Administration > Entity Manager > Your entity).​

Comment

Thanks for your help. Here are some screenshots.

Comment

Very strange... I've just created two other Event entities and both of them appear nicely in the My Activities Dashlet. Maybe an anomaly, some peculiarity about the order I did things in...

Anyway, seems fine now, thanks for your help.

Comment

Just some additional thoughts - I discovered that Start Date and End Date are key for the new entity to be included in the My Activities dashlet.

When I "repurposed" these, and made them optional rather than required, that was when my custom entity items were not displayed. (My Activities and Calendar are not quite consistent in how they seem to handle these, which contributed to my confusion, but ensuring both are filled in ensured my items appeared in the Dashlets, and explains why they previously did not).

Thanks for your response which gave me the confidence to try again and explore further.

Comment

Working...
          X