Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 import problems

Espo 8.1.1

1. Long lines in the import file are truncated and do not appear in step 2. In the first step, the fields are displayed but not filled with values
    2. If the separator "," is specified and the text field also contains "," then the import falls apart. The field is escaped with double quotes.
    3. Fields with names of three or more parts are not automatically filled in (field name: field_three_part FieldThreePart)

Screenshots and example file are attached.
    Attached Files

> 2. If the separator "," is specified and the text field also contains "," then the import falls apart. The field is escaped with double quotes.

Could not reproduce. File attached.

> 3. Fields with names of three or more parts are not automatically filled in (field name: field_three_part FieldThreePart)

Could not reproduce. The same file.
    Attached Files

Comment

Better to split issues if there are really multiple. I suspect there's only one issue (1) that needs investigation.

Comment

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried long lines on my CSV, and it worked fine. I suspect your particular CSV needs investigation. Maybe some characters causing the problem.

I try 2 problem files on two different instalations - 8.1.1, 8.1.4 and all have decribed problems. May be affected by Windows system settings?

Comment

• dimyy
        dimyy commented
        Editing a comment
        Also try on 7.5.5 - the same result

I mean that the (1) issue might have caused (2) and (3) issue.

Comment

I tried to generate a very similar long string, and it worked for me. I suspect some characters causing parsing issue. Need to figure out what exactly.

Comment

Reproduced from your file. The key parameter is length. Critical cut-off - 16kb
          Attached Files

Comment

Indeed. We have a limitation when parsing CSV on the frontend. First 2 lines should be less than 16KB. I'll fix it in the next hotfix.

Comment

Temporary workaround: Add a few dummy lines in the beginning, that you will remove after import.

Comment

Important is absolute position from file begining. I swap two fields - in first case all ok, in second case - error
                Attached Files

Comment

the problem with compound names persists
                  Attached Files

Comment

OK. I'll look. I even didn't know we have such an ability for underscore fields. It works only for 1 underscore.

Comment

not a big problem - just not neat. If it weren’t for the previous one, I wouldn’t even be writing (не аккуратненько :-) )

Comment

Working...
                      X