How to add images to Supported Types for Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add images to Supported Types for Documents

Currently the supported types for document uploads does not appear to include images such as png or jpg. This would be convenient to upload an image of the contact, and also to upload business cards and other documents, so they can be viewed without having to download as is currently the case with PDF and other uploads.

I looked at the settings in administration and found no way to include other options. Figured I would ask here in case I was missing something.

Thanks,
    Joe Frantz

You can extend the given list by merely typing for example .jpg, hit return and that value will be saved. It works similar to a multi-enum with user defined values. Just keep the schema .file-extension.

In the field for file upload the images are not displayed, you will only see the file name.
    To display images you may insert a custom image field and set the id by formula as so:

imageId = fileId;

and furthermore, be aware, that TIF images cannot be displayed in browsers.
    Last edited by shalmaxb; 02-02-2024, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Thank you. Where do I do all of this?

So first, where do i add .jpg, .png etc? Is that somewhere in settings?

And where do i set imageId = fileId; ?

I suppose i should ask where to find this sort of thing in the manual.

Thanks for helping, I appreciate it.

Comment

Alright so I figured out where to add the .jpg, .png...

Administration -> Entity Manager -> Document -> Fields -> file -> accept

Did that... boom it works...

Comment

Solved...

Rather than adding as Document, I added a custom field, image, named it business card, set it to large, went to layout, added it there then did a rebuild... and viola it worked.

Espo is pretty amazing. Usualy CRMs are overly complicated. This just required a bit of reading in the manual.

Comment

• shalmaxb
            shalmaxb commented
            Editing a comment
            Reading and trying. Mostly it is very intuitive, once you got the marvellously programmed app. And this forum helps a lot.

• joefrantz
            joefrantz commented
            Editing a comment
            I added some fields, figured out how entities work (apparently that is just another word for sql table sorta...) fields.. images.. business cards... will have to figure out more but am reading the documentation now.

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            My experience with other CRM is adding new field is very easy throughout.
        Working...
        X