E-Mail Reminders for Tasks/Meetings/Calls not sending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Mail Reminders for Tasks/Meetings/Calls not sending

New to EspoCRM and trying to setup E-Mail reminders for Tasks, Meetings and Calls.

I've configured Outbound Emails under Administration -> Outbound Emails and can send a test e-mail successfully.
    Under Settings -> Scheduled Jobs I see Send Email Reminders scheduled every 2 minutes and the status log shows it running and success.
    Under Administration -> Jobs I can see the Send Email Reminder job scheduled and executed with a status of Success and no failures.
    Under the Task, I can see the reminder scheduled up until the time the reminder is sent and then it is removed.
    The user profile has an e-mail address put in.

When I check my e-mail's outbound server which I can see if an email was sent and rejected, I can see the test e-mails showing delivered but do not even see an attempt made at the reminder.

What am I missing here?

Hi MRobi1,

I just checked the functionality of sending reminders in the latest EspoCRM v8.1, and everything works well.

Please tell me which version of EspoCRM you are using? Could you show a screenshot of your Task record with a reminder so that we can reproduce the problem exactly?

Also, please send the error log of your instance: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ng/#check-logs. There may be more information about the issue.

Comment

I'm currently using v8.0.6 which is the version currently installed using the :latest tag on docker. I just pulled the latest image before posting and 8.1 has not made it to the docker channel yet.

I've added a screenshot of a test task with reminders set.

Switched logs to debug and can confirm by viewing the log it's in debug mode.

I let the time set for the reminders pass. They disappear from the task screen. But there is no mention of any reminders happening in the log (including the popup reminders which worked). I uploaded the log which doesn't seem to give much, even in debug mode.

Edit to add that sending a test e-mail also does not create a log entry but it does complete and send it.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MRobi1; 01-10-2024, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Hi MRobi1,

I just tested the operation of both popups and email reminders using a clean docker EspoCRM v8.0.6 version. All reminders were received successfully.
        Also, reminders from the detail view of the task record should disappear as soon as the email reminder sends and as soon as you close the popup reminder.

Please tell me do you want reminders to be sent to the parent of the task or to its assigned user? Is the assigned user's email address filled in correctly? I am clarifying to try to understand the problem that has arisen.

Comment

Originally posted by lazovic View Post
          Also, reminders from the detail view of the task record should disappear as soon as the email reminder sends
          And this is happening. But not seeing any records of the email being sent either through the logs or the email server itself.

Originally posted by lazovic View Post
          Please tell me do you want reminders to be sent to the parent of the task or to its assigned user? Is the assigned user's email address filled in correctly?
          Trying to send the reminder to the assigned user (me). I've tried my main e-mail with my own domain, gmail and hotmail just in case i​t was being rejected by the server. Currently it's set to gmail.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	101478

If I go to Administration -> Outbound Emails -> Send Test Email it works.
          If I go to Emails -> Compose and send an email, that also works.

So I'm positive the e-mail settings are correct and working.

I see the jobs scheduled under Administration -> Jobs
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	101476Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	150.1 KB ID:	101477

I assume that's a result of the cron jobs which are set to every 2 minutes
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	65.7 KB ID:	101475
          I'm not seeing anything obvious as to why it's not actually sending, and not seeing any entries in the logs either which I would assume with logs set to debug all actions would populate?

EDIT: Now on 8.1 with same result.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MRobi1; 01-11-2024, 01:21 PM.

Comment

For fun I created a new user with an e-mail address I hadn't tried yet.
            I received the User Access Info email with link to set a password. Sent from the email address configured under Administration - Outbound Emails.

I went into Adminstration - Notifications and made sure all Email Notification options were selected including Assignments and Mentions
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	238
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	101482​I then confirmed the new user's notification preferences were all on

Views:	126
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	101483
            I then assigned the test task to the new user. Made a stream update. And @mentioned them in the stream. Also set multiple email reminders.
            No E-Mails sent.

I then created a fake meeting, assigned it to the new test user. No Emails sent. But then I clicked on send invitation and sent it to the test user and the invitation email was sent.

So 100% certain the Email settings are correct. But there's something with my Email notifications and reminders settings that must be off.

And can confirm on the server they are not being rejected. No record of an attempt to send at all

Views:	129
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	101484

Comment

Solved my problem!! And as expected, something dumb I did LOL

I wanted to expose the files to a physical directory for easy backup, so I mapped a volume for the espocrm container in my docker compose file. What I DIDN'T do was map that same volume for the daemon and websocket containers. So I had ended up leaving those on a docker volume. So the cron jobs were running, but there were no tasks being stored where the other 2 containers were looking. Adjusted my docker compose file and all is good!

Comment

• lazovic
                lazovic commented
                Editing a comment
                We are very glad that the problem has been resolved. And we are also very grateful for offering a solution to this issue, it is very useful for the community.
            Working...
            X