X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiry Regarding Exclusion of Footer in New Login Page Design for Espo CRM

Hello Espo Team,
    yuri
    I hope this message finds you well. I am currently in the process of creating a new login page design for my Espo CRM. As I'm working on this, I have some inquiries specifically regarding the footer section.
    My intention is to ensure clarity on this matter: in the new design I am crafting, I do not plan to include a footer section. Consequently, this means that the default credit information will not be displayed. I want to emphasize that I am not seeking to remove the footer and credit details from Espo CRM itself; rather, I aim to exclude the footer area in my new design so that the credit information will not be visible.
    Could you please confirm if it is acceptable to proceed in this manner? I want to ensure compliance and am seeking guidance on whether this adjustment aligns with the intended use and policies.
    Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your guidance and clarification.
    Best regards,
    yubraj Kafle

yuri
    I want to make it explicitly clear that I do not have any intention to remove or omit the credit information. Furthermore, I have no plans to sell this information to any third party, nor do I intend to market or sell Espo CRM as a Software as a Service (SAAS) product.

My primary aim is to modify the login page design to exclude the footer section, which will inadvertently hide the credit information from view. I am committed to upholding the integrity of Espo CRM and complying with its policies while ensuring that my design changes align with these principles.

I want to reiterate that I have no intention of removing the credit information from Espo CRM entirely. However, I am exploring the feasibility of hiding the credit section solely within the footer of my new design, without altering or removing the credit from the CRM platform itself.

I am eagerly seeking a positive response from the Espo team so that I can move forward. I am seeking approval from the Espo team.

Last edited by sapyantuk; 01-03-2024, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I'm not entitled to give permissions by myself. According to the section 7 (b) of the GPLv3/AGPLv3 and additional requirement stated in file headers, the copyright information should not be removed from the UI. I can't just give permission to do it here on the forum.

Comment

• shalmaxb
        shalmaxb commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, did you ever think about a white label solution, where anybody, who wants to publish an app would pay for removing the copyright from the footer? Not to remove from everywhere, only from the appearance in that place.

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        White-label is no for us. We've been receiving many emails asking for white-label since the beginning, we are determined that we are not interested in it. Though, white label is more than just removing (c) from the footer.

I recommend you just make an edit like so and keep the footer there. This is a free theme by the dubas team which I use, they add on their information instead of removing it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	217
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	101258

Comment

yuri
        I sincerely appreciate your prompt response and the clarification regarding the copyright information

Comment

espcrm Thank you for your suggestion

Comment

yuri espcrm devCRM

editing the copyright details to include our organization's name alongside the existing copyright information. As espcrm mentions in point #4, is it feasible to make such modifications without breaching the GPLv3/AGPLv3 guidelines?

Comment

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              That I cannot answer as I don't know the AGPL and have not made any significant contribution to worry about that.
          Working...
          X