Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto Email pdf Template after a record is created/updated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Email pdf Template after a record is created/updated.

Hi,
    I have 3 questions regarding pdf template.

1. How to set system to auto email a pdf (a pdf template) when a condition is met?

2. In an entity i have 2 fields: "Attachment" & "Image". We will upload a pdf file into the "Attachment" field and photos into "Image" field. Can I create a pdf template which combine these Attachment & Image into 1 single Pdf file?

3. Can I set for a certain role, they only can see a specific pdf template when a condition is met? Eg: a field called "Quotation Approved" = true, then Sales Person (Role) only can see a specific PDF template in Print to PDF.

Thank you for anyone who can help me on these.
    Last edited by CYLau; 12-20-2023, 04:04 PM.

I do not have an out-of-the-box-solution for alle the questions, but I guess it works.

1. It is explained here: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...lapplytemplate
    and you out this code in a formula with the condition.

2. I think, it is possible.

3. If you use the default steps to print PDF every user will see all PDF Templates for that entity. I have a workarounfd to offer only a specific template in an antity by creating a Bootstrap Link Button to that one template I want to be printed. As espoCRM uses Bootstrap, you will not need coding. I create the button in HTML and put it into a formula, which I execute in a WYSIWYG field (in code view). The code looks as this:

Code:
    //Button to print a certain PDF Template
    printPDF = string\concatenate('<button type="button" class="btn-xs btn-primary" style="width: 100%;">', '<a rel="noopener noreferrer"',' ',
    'href="/?entryPoint=pdf&entityType=yourEntity&entityId= ',id ,'&templateId=HERE THE ID OF THAT TEMPLATE','"',' ', 'target="_blank">',
    '<span style="color: #fff; text-decoration: none;">','Print','</span></a></button>');
    You put the field where you need it and then recalculate the record and the button will appear. Because it is a normal field it will have a label, which you can hide by putting in the resources/layout/detail.json​ this code to that field:

Code:
    "noLabel": true
    Now you have a button, which in fact is only a link formated as bootstrap button.

The WYSIWYG button field you can then display conditional.

How it looks:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bootstrap-button.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	100899
    Last edited by shalmaxb; 12-21-2023, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting.

• CYLau
      CYLau commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply.

For question 1, which one is insert a pdf template in an email template? I cant find this in the document.

For question 2, do you the solution how to do it?

you can only insert a pdf in email template as attachment not in the body

Comment

Hi,
      I still cannot find a solution to auto email a pdf template after certain condition is met.
      Example I want after an invoice is approved, the system will auto email the invoice in pdf to customer.

ANd I also need to auto insert some images into the invoice and email to customer.
      Eg: the images/photos of job done will upload as attachment in the invoice entity. After I upload the photos, the photos will auto paste in a invoice template, and the pdf invoice will auto email to customer.

Comment

I'd recommend using the Workflows tool with conditions checking and the Execute Formula Script action.

You can send generate a PDF from a template and attach it to an email with formula: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...extpdfgenerate

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
          I'd recommend using the Workflows tool with conditions checking and the Execute Formula Script action.

You can send generate a PDF from a template and attach it to an email with formula: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...extpdfgenerate
          Thanks yuri, I will try this.

Comment

Hi,
            Thanks for the link Yuri. I'was looking for such a decision for a long time. I'll try it as well.
            CYLay, kindly let me know if it works for you.
            I got used to add my pictures to PDF online on oneconvert cus it's free. But it takes time working with it manually...
            PDF Converter ⭐ is an online PDF tools to convert files to and from PDF format ➔ such as Word to PDF, Excel to PDF, PDF to JPG, PDF to PNG and more.

Comment

Working...
            X