milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Spam message rejected;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Spam message rejected;

When I use an email client from my home everything is ok. When I setup the email account in my crm I get the message below and the message won't be send to the recipient.

milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Spam message rejected;

I posted this in the forum of the emails server I use and I got this back:

Sounds to me that either your VPS is sending email with something like sendmail trying to pretend it's the actual mail host, OR something is wrong with the DNS settings on what host can use what VPS for MX/mail delivery so it triggers spam checks, or a messy combination of both.

Are you sure your CRM is actually using the SMTP settings to send mail (host port etc etc) and not just the localhost's mail functions / some weirdness like php's sendmail?

Any idea where to look to fix this?​

EspoCRM uses only configured SMTP settings. Maybe you are sending from a different email address that does not belong to the SMTP account.

Comment

I just installed espo local here at home and everything worked same as with the thunderbird email client. So I will focus my attention on the email server. Thanks for the reply!

Quick follow up. It turned out that some of my vps servers where on a blacklist and that made rspamd on the emailserver reject the emails.

I could solve this by adding the vps to the rspamd whitelist with the instructions below. Everything works now.

Whitelist IP addresses based on pre-filter policy

/etc/rspamd/local.d/multimap.conf:
      IP_WHITELIST {
      type = "ip";
      prefilter = true;
      map = "/${LOCAL_CONFDIR}/local.d/ip_whitelist.map";
      action = "accept";
      }

/etc/rspamd/local.d/ip_whitelist.map:
      192.168.122.4 Lower spam score of e-mails with a certain domain name (post-filter mode)

/etc/rspamd/local.d/multimap.conf:
      WHITELIST_SENDER_DOMAIN {
      type = "from";
      filter = "email:domain";
      map = "/etc/rspamd/local.d/whitelist.sender.domain.map";
      score = -6.0
      }

/etc/rspamd/local.d/whitelist.sender.domain.map:
      meinedomain.tld
      anderedomain.tld​
      Last edited by robert_cooke; 11-27-2023, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X