setup delay/interval between each email sending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setup delay/interval between each email sending

Hi, EspoCRM sends mass emails continuously in a short period of time and it hits the traffic limit of the email service provider (e.g. X emails per minute). I would like to request for setup delay/interval between each email sending to prevent hitting the traffic limit. Thanks.

you can do that already in administrator/outbound email.

Click image for larger version

Name:	email.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	99288

Comment

Hi
      The max number of emails sent per hour only controls the email sent in hour, not minute.
      for example, if 100 is set
      At 9:00 am, the first 100 emails are sent out in a short period of time, may be 1 minute. EspoCRM mass email service will sleep for 59 minutes and run again at 10:00 am.
      100 email sending in 1 minute hits the traffic limit of the email service provider, only the first 10 emails are successfully sent, other 90 emails are failed to sent out.

If 10 emails are sent at 9:00am, the next 10 at 9:01am and so on, no limit is hit and all emails will be send out successfully.

I would like to request for setup
      1. delay/interval between each email sending in millisecond/second to prevent hitting the traffic limit OR
      2. number of emails send in minute

Thanks.
      Last edited by Vincent; 11-02-2023, 08:15 AM.

Comment

I doubt, that a minute based interval configured in espoCRM would be effective in relation to the provider. Many providers from their side already limit outgoing mail traffic. Mine by default is 60 per hour, but on request I can rise that temporarily. The minute interval isn`t available at all.
        And if you have your own Mailserver, then you would configure it there.

Comment

We are using 3rd party the email service and can't configure it.

Comment

We added a new parameter to limit the number of emails sent per batch: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/2930.

If one configure the job to run every minute, this parameter will work as the max number per minute.

Comment

Working...
            X