Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request : new Extension Front-End Site/Commerce

Hi Yuri,
    first thanks for this incredible "diamond espoCRM".
    i think, you have killed what a CRM can do...now minor feature/ehancement.

I think it's time for espoCRM to progress with a new extension to a ERP. (not a fully ERP but...)
    This extension must be in "combo" with Sales Pack. (a add-on to Sales Pack (!?))
    Feature of the extension :
    - a basic/simple web site .. some pages, some form, some template.. very "ligh and pure" as espocrm.. just the essentiel.
    - a commerce fonctionnality as (woocommerce?) as "add-on" to Sales Pack.

Do you think this feature can be in roadmap ?

Not for now.. in future (v10?...)

Thanks
    Best Regards
    Last edited by item; 10-11-2023, 05:22 PM.

I don't think it would be a justifiable investment. We would need to hire good developers to support such a big project. We would need to sell more or raise all our prices. Better to improve CRM functionality (with maybe simple ERP features) but not doing an e-commerce storefront. Better not to have something vs have it but bad. Maybe an integration with existing project would make sense.

We have too much work in our list. I could stop checking the forum and GitHub for feature requests and still have work for a few years.

Comment

Hi Yuri,
      I understand your "point-of-vue" (work, time, investment, ...) and certainly your working calendar and no holliday. (please escuse my english if i say something wrong).
      This feature (pay extension) is not to have a full ERP (this is crazy and no need this) ... but just a simple : public front-end for Sales Pack.
      No need a "woocommerce" clone.. ... just a very basic front-end with all power of espoCrm

You are the first person who know all.
      And i never request in github, or forum to You.., i try to help with my little skill.
      And don't read this

Best Regards

PS : this feature is for brainstorm.. please give post your idea/point-of-vue.
      Last edited by item; 10-11-2023, 06:54 PM.

Comment

There's a problem with the front-end for web. It must be rendered server-side and served as a ready HTML so that search engines could better read it. Espo is fully rendered client-side.

Comment

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          A public portal (the same portal but with a guest user), is something that we was already thinking about. Maybe someday we'll do it but no guarantees. I remember there were some issues with it.

I think having WooCommerce integration with Sales Pack is more reasonable, considering how popular the former is.

Comment

Please take in consideration my little skill :
          - we have templating/placeHolder
          - we have advandedPack
          - we have salesPack

something so : site : somes pages templates from out-of box espoCRM template engine (as print-to-pdf but here print-to-front-end )
          - www.espocrm.com render theses templates (home, aboutUs, contactForm, News..)
          - sales.espocrm.com front-end of salesPack and templating as out-of-box espocrm
          - crm.espocrm.com ..
          - portal.espocrm.com

Ok, this maybe don't resolve search engine.. but i prefer don't have search engine but a full working and no issue environment.

If i can say my opinion, a "woocommerce/wordpress" clone integrate to espoCRM is not my request.. but certainly commercially, this can be good/very good for espocrm.

Comment

I doubt, if a genuine extension for espoCRM would pay the effort to create such a thing. I guess you won`t be able to sell such extension cheap and thus many users will go with Woocommerce.
            Meanwhile Woocommerce has so many possibilities and for anything, that is not built in yet, you will find a plugin.
            Further it is quite easy to transfer data from espoCRM to Wordpress and Woocommerce. I use the possibility in Wordpress to create posts by email. I have email templates for that and am able to automatically by nothing more than sending an email to my Wordpress installation out of espoCRM creating posts, archive pages and articles out of my espoCRM app.

I even create complete HTML Newsletters from my custom entities by email template. HTML pages would be possible, too.

Comment

Thanks for all..
              You have certainly good reason to use Wordpress/WooCommerce and many Add-On/Plug-in.

Thanks to all for sharing his experiment and like
              See you in futur.

Comment

We have integration with Woocommerce which sync orders with EspoCRM and even automatically issue invoices. We want to add more like sync of products quantity, but firstly we have to figure out how to manage product quantity inside EspoCRM https://devcrm.it/product/woocommerce/

Comment

In Sales Pack 2.0 there will be the ability to manage product quantities.

Comment

• yuri
                    yuri commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ETA The beginning of 2024.

• emillod
                    emillod commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yuri ooohh, that's a good info! Thank you!

• emillod
                    emillod commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yuri - can you give us more information about features in Sales Pack 2.0?

yuri any update on sales pack 2.0

Comment

• yuri
                    yuri commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very soon.

v2.0 is release by the way, go try it if you can.

Comment

Working...
                  X