Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support AND / OR operators in List views.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support AND / OR operators in List views.

It should be possible to add the same filter more than once, and use logical operators on them The code pretty much exists in the backend already I think.

Other CRMs support this by default.

What is the ETA of this feature? I'm sure a lot of users would appreciate something like this.

It's not possible to use Reports for this as the filters arn't flexible enough - can't add multiple filters / support OR / AND / NOT operations.

Also as I've mentioned previously another missing feature is the ability to filter based on properties of links. This seems like a critical feature to me. The backend appears to support sophisticated queries like this, is it just the frontend not being implemented?

Can I help?!

Here's an example:

How would I search for Contacts who have Attended any Meeting CreatedBy a certain User OR another User? [I don't want people who Declined the meetings or all Contacts who have ever Attended a meeting]

Comment

We don't have it on our roadmap. It will require lot of changes in frontend, And will also complicate UI.

Comment

Ok.

​That's pretty depressing. Users just expect to be able to answer these sort of questions.

Comment

(Without using a pen and paper or Excel spreadsheet)

Comment

It's better to add this feature to reports. The current implementation covers the most of needs. I never needed to search something with 'OR' operator. For enum fields "or" is applied always. For linkMultiple as well. And for link fields will be since 3.9.0.

Comment

I just noticed that reports don't support array fields or multi-enums. Hopefully that's an easy fix?

Comment

They shouldn't be selectable if they're not supported - causes confusion for the user

Comment

I just tested and it worked fine.

Comment

Sorry I was mistaken.

They work but not as foreign fields. Eg Report outputting List of Contacts.

Add a filter of "Accounts.<enum_type_field>" this works fine.

But "Accounts.<multi_enum_type_field>" doesn't, and neither does "Accounts.<array_type_field>", "Account (Primary).<multi_enum_type_field>" or "Account (Primary).<array_type_field".

It would be brilliant if these could be supported.

Comment

Working...
                    X