Export a full backup from within the app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export a full backup from within the app

A better backup solution, sorry about the small details but if you start off with the docker script its a bit hard

I did not succeed in configuring a backup solution from within espoCRM. In a former version I used a script in an Iframe, but this stopped working a time ago. As far as I know there is no such possibility. Especially difficult, because you would want to backup the webfolders as well as the database.
    The only really working solution for me is to use a backup software, which is capable to save webfolders and database and of those, which I tested only KLS Backup really works and it is not too expensive.
    Link: https://www.kls-soft.com/klsbackup/

Comment

My Shared Hosting auto backup daily, not sure what they use but I can select both data restore or database restore or both.

The only time I check and use it is when I do upgrade or update, other time I don't check at all. Occasional I download a full backup offline to the Computer but the file is getting big.

Comment

Exactly, there is no global backup solution in the app for at least the database, or user added content in the web folders.

Comment

As already written, I use a full backup solution for differntial backups. This mentioned program can backup webfolder and database alike. The solution mentioned by espcrm has a disadvantage, because you will have always a full backup. This is not viable for me, because in my app I have sometimes a lot of uploaded files (10 GB or even more), so this would need a whole day to make a backup.
          One other solution is using two programs:
          1. for the webfolder: https://freefilesync.org/
          With this program you configure a backup scenario and then create a script, which is integrated in the software (kind of a batch file) and can be configured to only backup the folders, which change. To run the script it needs one click.
          2. You need something similar for databases and that is not so easy. There are many programs, which offer the full possibilities for database administration including synchronize databases, but these programs are expensive. There was one called Automatic Backup Scheduler for MySQL, which works as well by configuring and creating a script, that you may run, whenever you want, even time scheduled. Unfortunately I did not succeed to buy that program. The website exists, but from the owner you receive no answer and you cannot buy the program anymore. I don`t know why. The link to that (there is a limited test version): http://www.databasethink.com/

Comment

Having the ability to download backups from within an app brings security risks. It's a few clicks to download sensitive data. while the admin left for a few minutes.

Making a DB backup with a docker container should not be a problem. It's just 1 command to make a database dump. The second command can be uploading the file to another server.

Comment

Working...
            X