2FA for portal user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2FA for portal user

Add 2FA option for portal users. We use espocrm to storage some IT Documentation and we need to have some sort of extra security measures.

You can enable it by little coding. https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/feat...6507#post86507

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
      You can enable it by little coding. https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/feat...6507#post86507
      Hi Yuri, just wondering why is not included on espo already, if its just little coding... thanks

Comment

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        The link I provided follows to the post where I explained why. Little coding can bring lot of troubles in the future when we decide to make it more configurable. As everything we add we are to support like forever. I didn't have time to think out a proper design, so I set it aside for this time.

Though anyone can extend it in an upgrade-safe way. And we won't be responsible for an implementation design one may choose for their company.
        Last edited by yuri; 01-16-2023, 08:14 PM.

Originally posted by shootify View Post

Hi Yuri, just wondering why is not included on espo already, if its just little coding... thanks
      Fair enough, IMHO i think it should be added on espo officially. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Do you plan using SSO for both internal users and portal users?

Comment

yuri i have a case with customer which want to use one SSO for internal staff and other for external customers

Comment

• emillod
            emillod commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe additional entity for authentication providers? Most of services allow to configure multiple providers do login. Just an idea. Provider could be linked to portal.

• yuri
            yuri commented
            Editing a comment
            This would be a big redesign not compatible with the current.

• yuri
            yuri commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm considering the ability to have a separate auth provider entity for portals. Though this would be not very neat design, as there will be two separate places where auth is configured: for internal users (at settings > authentication, as we have it now) and for portals.
            Last edited by yuri; 01-20-2023, 05:42 PM.

Planned for v7.4. https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/2578

Comment

yuri that's a great news!
            I think users will love this!

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
              Excusme Yuri, i finally got time and was about to try this but the link you showed is error 404, can you please tell me what is the code and where to deploy it. sorry i am new to espo. thanks

Comment

HI thanks for your response, but the link is to a github issue with a bunch of code. can you please explain what code is the one i need and where to add it. sorry but i am new to espocrm. thanks for your help.

Comment

• yuri
                yuri commented
                Editing a comment
                It will be in the next upgrade. No need to add any code.

Cool thanks.

Comment

Hi Yuri, I just upgraded to latest version 7.3.x but it looks like this feature will be on 7.4? if so when is that schedule release. thanks for your hard work.

Comment

Hi,

It's going to be released in March.

Comment

HI Yuri, is there any ETA for V7.4? Thanks

Comment

No ETA. It will be postponed as it often happens. It's extreme conditions. I manage a few dozens of issues a day. the job is hectic.
                      Last edited by yuri; 03-10-2023, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• yuri
                        yuri commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's very hard to enable it manually. It's too lot of changes.

You can build from the master branch. It's pretty easy to do. You will have a working instance that you can install. But we didn't start QA phase yet. Bugs are possible.

• yuri
                        yuri commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can try the upgrade package I just built.

1. Install the latest EspoCRM v7.3.4.
                        2. Administration > Upgrade > upload the package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19IB...ew?usp=sharing

• shootify
                        shootify commented
                        Editing a comment
                        thanks for the help... i will install it and wait patiently for the upgrade to 7.4, hopefully wont take that long. thanks again.
                    Working...
                    X