X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Feature Request] [v7.2] "Custom Label" - No Label

Version: v7.2
    Feature Request: Custom Label in the No Label option

Issue: There is an option in Layout that you can hide label with the option, "No Label", this is good and I'm currently using it to hide an Email Label (Person String Data).

Feature Request: Another option to create a custom Label.

Comments: I guess I can use Custom Language to do this but this is a default filename so I understand the feature request get reject
    Last edited by espcrm; 10-31-2022, 07:16 AM.

I would add here:

No Label is so far only possible in List View (from Layout Manager).
    Would be nice to have this also for detail view. I know it is possible to add to the entity json file one line saying "noLabel": "true", but that has two disadvantages:

1. you have to configure this in the file
    2. When you do not have the label, in edit mode also "save" and "cancel" are not displayed, when inline editing.

Comment

Hello shalmaxb I think that this could be achieved using the dynamic handler class and jquery to hide or sow a field label based on specific conditions, but it would require some coding.

Since you are always helping other participants, I would not mind helping you with this if you have a specific example, let me know if you do.

espcrm I know that you are not fond of coding but you are also actively helping everyone, so if you have a specific case, let me now and I will post the code so you can cut and paste
      Last edited by telecastg; 10-31-2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Hi telecastg and thank you for your offer to provide a more handy solution. I do not need a too much specific solution. I use sometimes to create more decent links a WYSIWYG field, where I put a small piece of HTML from Bootstrap to display the link in form of a Button. The button-label then is e.g "open", and it is not necessary to have a label for that case. It is even from layout view better without label, because this way the button is more inline with the other fields. As said, the only disadvantage is the inline edit, there are also no more "save" or "cancel" labels.

Would it be possible to provide a checkbox in layout manager/detail view "hide label"?

Thank you and have a nice evening

Comment

• telecastg
          telecastg commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately any change to the Layout Manager functionality would imply modifying the core code and that would not be upgrade safe.

A feature like that would need to be implemented by the developers, provided that they agree that is a desirable enough feature that justifies the development time.
          Last edited by telecastg; 11-01-2022, 05:00 AM.

Originally posted by telecastg View Post
        Since you are always helping other participants, I would not mind helping you with this if you have a specific example, let me know if you do.

espcrm I know that you are not fond of coding but you are also actively helping everyone, so if you have a specific case, let me now and I will post the code so you can cut and paste
        I only notice this 'issue' due to the email system, the first column is named, "Person String Data" and I remember, "Hey there is a No Label option". Now that I look at the demo I can see that it is off by default yet it is hidden, I guess an update on my system must have cause it to show.

I rather have a Label for this column, something "Name".

Here is a screenshot of the demo version.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	24.5 KB ID:	84632

Here is my darker than my soul version (Dubas dark theme) which I chose to hide it for now.Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	4.1 KB ID:	84633
        Last edited by espcrm; 11-01-2022, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
          I rather have a Label for this column, something "Name".
          That is an easy fix, using any text editor, create a file custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/i18n/en_US/Email.json
          with the following code:
          Code:
          {
              "fields": {​
                  "personStringData": "Name"
              }
          }
          After saving the script, clear cache and rebuild.

Since your changes to the language script are done in the Custom namespace, this change will be update safe

Also note that this script is for the US English language, if you want to modify any other language you will need to do the same thing in that language folder

Comment

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            If we using Language functions, wouldn't it easier to just use Custom Language in the GUI? Or is this option not available?

Thank you! Will add this.

• telecastg
            telecastg commented
            Editing a comment
            I am sorry, I don't understand what do you mean by "use Custom Language in the GUI" can you please elaborate ?
        Working...
        X