Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic attachments for email templates

Hi,

I've been running EspoCRM for a while now and I am very happy with it. One thing would improve my work flow tremendously though:
    The possibility to add attachments based on variables to email templates.

The use case is as follows:
    I have data sheets for my products as documents (i.e. DataSheet-X12345.pdf) whereas X12345 is the product id. Currently when using a template I manually have to add the attachment but defining this in the template like "Add attachment: DataSheet-{{ product.id }}.pdf" would be great.

Is this possible to implement in future versions?

Thanks a lot!
    R.

Hi RaptorBlue,

Could you please send a screenshot of your Workflow so that we can conduct a detailed analysis and adjust it in the way you need?

I can say right away that you will need to use Execute Formula Script Action to create an email, add the necessary attachment to it and send this email.

Comment

Hi lazovic,

Thank you for your reply. Attached you can find a screenshot of my mail template with the placeholders (i.e. {Product.id}). When sending an email with this template the variables are replaced as intended but I have to manually click on the document icon and add PDF from the list of documents.
      My wish is to define it a *dynamic* attachment in the template telling the system not only to replace the variables but also automatically add the document. (Add: Datasheet-{Product.id}.pdf from Documents)

I hope it's clear what I am trying to do. Please let me know when I can help.

Best regards,
      RaptorBlue

Comment

RaptorBlue,

You can do this by automating the email sending process with Workflow.

For example, you can add a Boolean type field to the Data Sheet entity, and when you check this field, an email will be sent.

Create a Workflow with:
        • Target Entity: Data Sheet,
        • Trigger Type: After record updated,
        • Conditions: All > Checkbox field changed, Checkbox field equals true,
        • Action: Execute Formula Script.
        In this action, paste these formulas:
        Code:
        $productName = string\concatenate('Datasheet-', productId, '.pdf');
        $contactEmailAddress = record\attribute('Contact', contactId, 'emailAddress');

$documentId = record\findOne('Document', 'createdAt', 'desc', 'name=', $productName);

$emailId = record\create('Email',
        'to', $contactEmailAddress
        'status', 'Draft',
        'attachmentsIds', $documentId
        );

ext\email\applyTemplate($emailId, '[your_email_template_id]'); // paste here your Email Template ID
        ext\email\send($emailId);​
        Check this solution, please. If you encounter any errors with this, I'll be happy to help.​

Comment

Thanks lazovic, but if I understand it correctly, I am not able to edit the message before sending.
          Also, for Workflows I need the Advanced Pack, right? Is there a trial version?

Comment

RaptorBlue,

Yes, you won't be able to edit the email, as it will be sent automatically using only the Email Template.

Workflow is indeed a feature of the Advanced Pack extension. You can test this extension for a whole month using the cloud version of EspoCRM.​

Comment

Working...
            X