Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminders within notes/stream

I would like to propose a suggestion to add reminders, use case example:
    Lets say there is a task, which is assigned to Alex, and Alex controls the date in calendar of that task.
    So I would like him to remember to do something at a specific date, but I can't move the task to that date, since it would mess up his current schedule, and I don't want to overpopulate tasks with single notes, that take like 10 seconds to finish.
    What I think would be beneficial to the CRM, is an ability to set reminders within Entity notes/comments/stream like you can do it in Notion
    So in comments to that specific task, I would write something like this: "Alex, please update Linda on your current progress /reminder @Alex,Linda 20.10.22 "Current progress update""

Hi DashingUno,

You can use a formula for this, or even the whole Workflow (if you have the Advanced Pack extension).

I understand correctly, at a certain time (for example, a week or a day before the main date of the Task) you need a comment to be created in the stream of the record with a reminder for the Assigned User to do something?

Describe the desired functionality in a little more detail, and I will do my best to help you achieve it.

Comment

• DashingUno
      DashingUno commented
      Editing a comment
      Your understanding is almost what I meant, not exactly a comment in a stream rather than a notification in the bell menu (top right corner)
      Other than that, I think you got what I was trying to suggest.

So if we generalize the idea, some tool where I can input these parameters:
      1) Assigned user or Group
      2) Date and time of the reminder
      3) Text of the reminder

And on that specific date, the specific user gets a notification in the notification area with the specified text

The reason why I described it with a /reminder command within a Stream, its because this is the way it is done in Notion (note taking app, that a lot of startups use instead of a CRM, we migrated from that to Espo in March-April - mainly due to the ability to selfhost)

Unfortunately we do not have the Advanced pack (yet)

DashingUno,

In this case, without using a stream to create a notification, it will not be possible to implement your desired functionality at the moment.

Perhaps this can be done through customization of the code, but I'm far from a developer, maybe the members of the EspoCRM community, who are more competent in the matter of customizations, can help you.
    I can only help you create a formula that will create a notification (stream entry) for a user/team at a specific time with a specific text.

Also, you can try using integrations with EspoCRM and Notion on https://make.com.
    Last edited by lazovic; 08-03-2022, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X