Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ability to duplicate entity fields - A definite feature required in the next release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to duplicate entity fields - A definite feature required in the next release.

Hi,

Previously we had requested for lookup database tables as alternatives to enums but things may be difficult considering major needs to be addressed. It is acceptable and we will wait.

In consideration, it would be great if we can have the ability to duplicate an entity field. We surely need this as we tend to define multiple fields with the same enum values, conditions etc. Example:

(1) We have a field call "User Roles for Billing" and has an enum defining the roles (like "admin, editor" etc).
    (2) Then we define other similar fields for other "roles" with the same enum values.

If the above is needed for just 2, we could do a manual job. But when the more than 2, it becomes cumbersome and prone to errors in the enum values as frequently get batch job crashes due typo errors in the enum values.

Appreciate the developer's considerations.

I'm not sure if i understand correctly, but if you want to duplicate fields, the easiest way is just to open FTP/SSH and duplicate field in entityDefs directory..

Comment

Hi emillod ,

Thank you for the advice. Will try that but dont like to hack code though. The functionality would be nice as many software provide such feature.

Comment

I understand your point of view, but you have to remember that EspoCRM is open source script and developers have a lot of features which are critical for community/their clients.

Comment

• murugappan
          murugappan commented
          Editing a comment
          @emilod, i understand. Like i said, it would be nice if it was built-in rather than then everyone hacking the code. Thank you. Lets close the subject.
      Working...
      X