Create roles for administrators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create roles for administrators

Hi, this subject has been discussed before, but in my opinion not with satisfying result.

I think, it is not a rare case, that a company would have more than one person, who must have the right for some configuration, which so far is only possible for administrator. In fact the administrator in espoCRM is a Super-Administrator, what means, if you are the administrator, you can configure everything.
    I would really appreciate to have a role system for administrator, where the right, what an administrator could change, would be configurable. I would, e.g. like to have an administrator, who could configure the application, but without being able to create, activate (in user interface) or modify entities.
    There might be other configurations, that could be integrated in administrator rules.

Is the espoCRM team planning something like that? If not, would there exist a way to create that as custom feature (update safe)?

I agree that there are some Admin functions that should not be accessible to everyone that ordinarily would just be granted Administrator access.
    The way I see it, there is justification for both Administrator and (to borrow from Unix!), Super User roles:

"Super User" would have access to everything (i.e the present Administrator access).

"Administrator" could be granted to a trusted, computer-savvy manager/supervisor to help with the front-end ... setup of new users, themes, dashboards, etc., but with no access to the back-end ... entity structure, processes, rebuilds, upgrades, extensions, etc.
    Last edited by Mark G.; 12-13-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

That is what I meant. I know the different admin roles from Joomla and it is in fact reasonable and very handy. If the admin role would be built like the normal role, where you can configure everything to yes/no it would really help.

Comment

Is there any chance, that this could be implemented?

Comment

It's not considered at the moment.

Comment

Working...
          X