Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add "New" as an option on the "Edit ..." button dropdown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add "New" as an option on the "Edit ..." button dropdown.

It would help save a click and confusion to add "New", as an option below "Duplicate" for those of us having to do a lot of data creation, please

I prefer that all actions on the detail view were related to the current record.

Comment

And herein lays our difficulty, and the difference between *can't* and *won't*.

We could save our users from hundreds of clicks a day, and every user I've onboarded from the same apology: "sorry, yeah the software architect will only let you create a new record if you click back to the list page every time first".

If I look at Odoo, perhaps the next best alternative to EspoCRM, and I think Espo could far surpass Odoo for capability with your vision.

The Odoo interface really doesn't look cluttered, confusing or suffer from having this humble little convenience for what is ultimately a data-entry system, and all unnecessary time costs count in total user happiness with any system.

So, how do you propose we solve this unnecessary and exponential user interface time-cost?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 17.04.20.png
Views:	326
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	70693
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marcusquinn View Post
        If I look at Odoo, perhaps the next best alternative to EspoCRM, and I think Espo could far surpass Odoo for capability with your vision.

So, how do you propose we solve this unnecessary and exponential user interface time-cost?
        Hello,
        compare odoo to espocrm is like compare "zastava" to "ferrari". i can explain but no.. no time to explain...for me it's incomparable. (my view of developper)
        And i think you are not developper, so you can't understand the "state of art" of espoCRM.
        I can say my opinion because one my friend use odoo... and now he give many money.

there are a quick create button on top right... maybe a "save and continue" button will be nice.

it's just my opinion.

Regards

Comment

• marcusquinn
          marcusquinn commented
          Editing a comment
          It was more of a compliment than a comparison.

I realise you've all been here a while and I'm newis here, but I'm here and not in Odoo forums because I support and believe in Espo's vision. It's never criticism, just inspiration.

• marcusquinn
          marcusquinn commented
          Editing a comment
          Erm, I think you are not a developer and I am - so how about mind your manners too.

I hope someone will make an extension for this button. I believe it can be made in upgrade-safe manner and is not complex to do. I can try when I get a spare few hours.

Comment

• marcusquinn
          marcusquinn commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, I would only ask if I felt it a benefit to all, and with respect to your minimalism aims.

Hello Yuri,
        Thanks to this incredible tools for every one need.

just for everyone can understand my compare with "zastava" and "ferrari" :

i prefere have one "ferrari" without option than a "zastava" with a lot of "options" !

conclusion : fondation/core of espoCRM need just other developper make extension !

PS : odoo more than 1000 developper on office ! EspoCRM Yuri and his teams

Comment

• marcusquinn
          marcusquinn commented
          Editing a comment
          It's an application and an excellent framework with good community ethics - but not a cult - no-one needs analogies and hyperbolic punctuation.

Opinions are welcome, preferences are voiced, but please don't imply my contributions are criticisms or pollutions of your ideals. It is perfectly possible for there still to be enhancement without excess.

Optionality in software is necessary for multiple audiences. Discreet implementation with settings is the correct way to offer that, with the author's discretion for preference defaults. We cannot hinder progress and time-efficiency for all users, for the sake of one user's pride and prejudice.
      Working...
      X