Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many log entries when Cron is disabled

Hi,

After cleaning-up all the mistakes i made in the configurations, the log is nearly clean except that is filled with "cron-disabled" messages (refer screen shot) . Would be great if the message is logged once in each day's log. At the moment, i tend to ignore really important entry because it gets embedded in the huge heap of these messages.

Attached Files

enable cron .. and disable all jobs : feature request is done

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment

I'm speechless

• item
      item commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, no need to come from harward for do that
      no need a wiki page for this too

• murugappan
      murugappan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi item , please read my additional post after Yuri's post.

This message is vital because people forget to enable. It will be less false bug reports on the forum and easier for us. You can also disable cron via crontab / systemd.

Comment

Hi yuri, thank you for the update. I am already doing as you have suggested. I guess my point " At the moment, i tend to ignore really important entry because it gets embedded in the huge heap of these messages." is missed. The opportunity of missing one important message is high when it is embedded in hundreds of these warnings.

Currently, when users are disabled, the system prompts the admin user when logging in. Perhaps that is better way as the crons are disabled in the Admin Setting as not many of us eye-ball these logs every day.

Comment

Espo\Core\ApplicationRunners/Cron.php

comment the line 57.

but don't understand (translate)..
        you have install espoCRM with cron (all seemt good)
        you have disabled cron on admin/setting.. and you receive message from line 57.

why my solution is not good ? disable all Jobs in admin/scheduled jobs section ? Can you explain why it's not good for you ?
        what user (from your explanation) come in log in jobs ? that have no relation of user and log ! You use log for other think ?

Comment

Hi item
          I dont understand your post. Are you one of the Espocrm developer or owner? Sounds very emotional. I think your first 2 lines are good suggestion but i will leave things as they are.

Comment

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            I think item is trying his best to talk using a translator (machine?) or possible trying his best with English as a second language. And kudo to him for that, don't feel offend if some sentence sound odd.

But what he can provide is information that is probably never can come out of another user like myself, whom have no programming skill.

• item
            item commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks espcrm,
            my translater is google translate

• murugappan
            murugappan commented
            Editing a comment
            @espcrm
            @item

So sorry Item. Didnt know that. Please use Microsoft Word translator. It is more correct in syntax and words. Google translator is the world's worst translator.

I respond, No ..i am not a espocrm developer or owner all is on readme.txt, licence.txt and on header on all file of espocrm .. i am a 2x client of espocrm with +- all extension.

we have in these post give 3 solutions... 2 by me, 1 by Yuri and explain why it's important to have cron. ( jobs is CRM core and can not be altered ).

If you don't see or read that.. nobody can do more
          Last edited by item; 03-31-2021, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• murugappan
            murugappan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes i understand that. Anyway, its just a suggestion. My reason is simple. If the log is filled with the same message then we will tend to miss the really important error in the haystack. I missed so many of them and created a number of posts in the forum which Maximus was very helpful and patient to help.
        Working...
        X