Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is EspoCRM going to support Postgres database anytime soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is EspoCRM going to support Postgres database anytime soon?

Hi guys,

My customers database is Postgres, and I need to connect/import this database into EspoCRM, to be able to work with the CRM.

I found that it's been planned already, sometime in last year, to add compatibility for Postgres.
    Also it's been requested a lot, on other forums and communities.

So the question is, when is it going to happen?

Thanks for the awesome work you've done by building such nice and opensopurce CRM software.

Regards

Hi,

We set it aside for some time. It will take a lot of resources to support an additional database but benefit is small. MySQL became much better than it was back in the day.

> My customers database is Postgres, and I need to connect/import this database into EspoCRM, to be able to work with the CRM.

In my opinion, this should not be a reason not to choose a product. I would understand if there were scalability reasons or something like that, but MySQL is on par with Postgres there.

Since v6.0 for implementing Postgres support it's enough to implement only one interface https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...ryComposer.php. If anyone from the community would like to tackle it would be great.
    Last edited by yuri; 03-09-2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Colin_Al
      Colin_Al commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Yuri.
      What should I tell my developer to do with the github file you linked?

Originally posted by yuri View Post
    Hi,

We set it aside for some time. It will take a lot of resources to support an additional database but benefit is small. MySQL became much better than it was back in the day.

> My customers database is Postgres, and I need to connect/import this database into EspoCRM, to be able to work with the CRM.

In my opinion. this should not be a reason not to choose a product because database is different. I would understand if there were scalability reasons or something like that, but MySQL is on par with Postgres.

Since v6.0 for implementing Postgres support it will be enough to implement only one interface https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...ryComposer.php. If anyone from the community would like to tackle it would be great.
    Thanks Yuri.

So what's your recommendation. My customers data is already big and on our custom-developed software.

I need to have all my customers inside EspoCRM. What would be the final solution?

Comment

Offtopic: You mention Forum and Communities, can you link or share these? I only manage to find one of them. EspoCRM doesn't seem to be spoken often outside of here.

Comment

Working...
      X