No announcement yet.

Entity Definition Making Field Visible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entity Definition Making Field Visible.

Can you please allow the feature like making the field visible only if the value set for that field?

Example: Field Type = URL
    Make field visible: Field URL != null.

This option is not allowed. Can you please add this feature to the URL type fields also?

Hello,

just for me understand : how can you make visible a field if you have not possibility to put a value ? maybe is a calculate field ?

Comment

• Ananya K
      Ananya K commented
      Editing a comment
      URL is a read-only field. I want it visible only when the value is set.

I was initially thinking you could just do a "is not empty" conditions, but you are right, URL field type is not possible to choose the condition.

In the meantime:
    Would this work as a work-around? Create a secondary field call varchar "URL2", create a Formula so that anytime you add a URL it get copy/or field change into the URL2. Now you can use the URL2 is "is not empty" conditions. All theory at the moment, I haven't for a working formula yet but varchar field should work with all conditions.

Comment

• Ananya K
      Ananya K commented
      Editing a comment
      When we have a varchar field to store the data, then the URL we need to add the validation also, URL in varchar it don't add hyperlink.

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't know then, I'm out of idea.

Another idea: use the text editor field. There you can put an URL and use formula. Did not test it, but may work.

Comment

https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...6e40cf38fbd32c

Comment

• Ananya K
        Ananya K commented
        Editing a comment
        This is cool.

Look like Yuri just add in the ability to create this condition. It look like he only change one file and it look quite simple enough, I think based on this code you can manually add it for any field you want.

Comment

Working...
      X