Calendar meeting location is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar meeting location is missing

Why does there are no location field in the calendar meetings, by default?

Why not to add a custom field?

Comment

Hello Yuri,
      i think he talk about outlook or gmail extension.
      Regards

Comment

Yes, item is right. yuri I can create my custom field, but as it's default field in any calendar system, then integration part with other calendar systems (outlook or gmail extension) might not work as regular one.

Comment

> any calendar system,

I did some research and found some major CRM systems not having the location field by default. I don't like the idea of having a default varchar field "location". Once we add it we will need to support it forever. Some may want an "address" field, some may want a picklist, or having a separate entity for locations.

We can map "location" field name in integrations, if the field exists and is varchar or text, then it will be used when syncing.
          Last edited by yuri; 02-25-2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
            >
            We can map "location" field name in integrations, if the field exists and is varchar or text, then it will be used when syncing.
            Perfect solution for me

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
              >

It would be a solution, just add it to manual how to do it in proper way, or during the installation of extension a "checkbox" bout "location" field creation. I mean that even me - who are basically user, could do that.

Otherwise fields mapping by user can create some damage.

Comment

Currently I'm using the free Real Estate extensions as a meeting location. I install that, create a Many to Many relation to meeting. Add bottom panel and also as a field in Layout.

Until it get support, I suggest this is as a workaround. The advantage doing this way you can have multiple Meeting location, track previous meeting history thanks to relationship and you don't have to keep re-typing location address in full. I also add the Address field for Meeting to but don't use it as often.

Comment

Working...
                X