URL Multiple field-type please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URL Multiple field-type please

What are the chances of adding a "URLs Multiple" repeater field (like Phone & Email).

There's so many time where an Entity could benefit from having a load of reference links added to it, and it makes no sense for that to be done as another Entity because often the links are just unique to the record.

Most common use would be on Tasks, but also anything where one wants to enable addition of multiple further information or research links.

Anything I can do to help this happen? I'm singing your praises everywhere possible at the moment, so derinitely more Extension sales doming your way

I realise Links can be added in the Stream - but then they get buried as the stream grows. This is for the main record.

Comment

Hi,
      as a workaround you could use Texteditor field and put there your list of links.

Comment

• marcusquinn
        marcusquinn commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, didn't think of that. It'd kinda work as a workaround, although it we get this repeater field later it'd be a bit of work to migrate the data if it wasn't completely clean.

Just so you know; the weakness with multi-field like email and phone is it sometime quite difficult to export data (PDF, email, report, etc). It only work for Primary value but and other value it have trouble with.

Currently I'm using the Description as a multi level URL field.

I create a new WYSIGY field for writing description/note cause it give better formatting option.

Comment

I can see the Array field type would work for this - any chance you can make the view when they're URL values have those as clickable links? yuri

Eg: Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 12.24.25.png Views:	0 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	68616
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello marcusquinn ,

emillod can do that as extension.

Comment

• emillod
            emillod commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much, my friend

marcusquinn it have to be developed. You can check in client folders and prepare something like this. You can also pay someone for that.
          Array field is not adjusted to normal usage from GUI. Ibelieve there is no such functionality to search for example something in Array field through GUI.

Comment

• marcusquinn
            marcusquinn commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey emillod - thank you kindly! I keep meaning to find time to schedule a call as I think we all have some good collaboration opportunities and I'd like to share my own work too. I'm just up against deadlines for the moment but very much a fan of your work and imagination.

• emillod
            emillod commented
            Editing a comment
            marcusquinn i understand you. But for that i'll need to find a time and i stucked in Custom folder of our internal EspoCRM. I have to move everything to modules. You can ask Yuri, maybe he could find time and add that.

Hello Emillod,
          this kind of field don't need to be searched ! .. just have a "clickable link" .. so just need a front-end link template.
          for me is not complicate... url field (template).. to adapt to a array.
          i have do .. but wrong ..i have choose enum type field

Comment

Working...
          X