Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow email-sending from different user

Hi

After a quick talk with Max Borsuk from the team I got a new feature request for you:

Please allow us to send emails in the context of another user (not using a group email-account but using the users address and account) in EspoCRM formula.

Kind regards
    Luca

Hello,

just a idea : i don't think it's law ready ! i think is forbiden !
    imagine crm (or another user) send a "F*cking" mail to President of USA with sender name "your email" .. do you will happy ?

Maybe another solution, is send a BCC to user ? Need to do "brainstorming" about this request

Regards

Comment

item raise a point that will make it difficult to get this feature ever approved. But I certainly understand your point of this feature but I doubt it will ever be officially included, it may added by other user like you and I.

---

As for me I lean on the side that we should be able to do impersonate because we are an administration or higher level of hierarchy, of course it come to "trust". Other software I use have Impersonate feature where we can quickly logged in other user, for example Yetiforce and Nextcloud without having to write their username in and password.

I rarely do have to do that except for (1) testing to see if account is working. (2) I really do need to impersonate someone.

In my live case it is simple; boss/employee don't have time to do it;

"Hey espcrm, can you send the agreement form to Mr John as me?"
      "No problem, emailed"

But I use something outside of EspoCRM for this, not unless I already added their email account as a "personal email".

At the end of the day, it a matter of Trust, it just how it is being use or by who, if you truly want to abuse the system there is nothing to stop the administrator from resetting the password to the account and log in the account.

Comment

Hi,

BTW you can set replyTo address for an email record. When a recipient will reply on the email the field To will be automatically filled with that address.

Comment

As for the 'legal' part: At least in Switzerland and Germany it's for sure not illegal. Just when you abuse this feature it could be illegal.

The other thing is, that this feature could be missused, like in the example from item. But it is allways the same: There is an administrator and he is responsible that this feature does not get missused. And the administrator could just reset the password and log in as the user as well...

yuri Yes I know about the replyTo field, but it does not provide the required function. The from field gets into get right direction, but it just allows to send the email from an address of a group-email-account and not of a personal account. If you enter the email-address of a private email-account the from field just gets ignored.

Comment

Hello,
            maybe in user setting .. user set "delegate/on behalf" ?
            and in BPM, if we send a email, we can assign the "from" from assigned user for sample.
            i think a solution like this will be good feature.

Comment

Working...
            X