hardship in "List" view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardship in "List" view

Hello, I figured out a big hardshipin a whole system "Layout Manager" -> "List" view. At the "Layout manager" -> "list" items has the "Link" checkbox and it is not working as it supposed to do, or at least I would expect.
    More detailed scenario to reproduce an issue: at https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/1845
    Long story short - If you have a list view with a lot of different related fields, most of them are treated as hyperlinks and there are no way how to "unlink" them if you need only a "product name" in list, but not a link to it's editing.

Hardship starts when you have more columns and by accident click in wrong place, like product name, and are transferred to product edition card as example, nut it's only a list of your sales opportunities or invoices and there are no need to go there from this place.

When you click by incident a wrong link, and then return back, the list view is not reloaded, but used the previously rendered list view, even scrolling is preserved. Just to share my opinion that it's not that hardship.

> "Link" checkbox and it not working as it supposed to do

It works as it was intended. The behavior of this checkbox CANNOT be changed. It was intended for another thing. I've told it already twice.
    Last edited by yuri; 11-19-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• partomas
      partomas commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand that initially it was created for another purpose, but evolution are in feature request section. It would be really nice if you could realise how to “unlink” and “link” fields by request, not only have some of them mandatory linked.

There's a simple workaround.

1. Create a Foreign field (name it productNameForeign or something like that)
    2. Add this field to the list layout.

Comment

Working...
    X