Latex Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latex Templates

This may be crazy, but it would be amazingly useful if I could have Latex templates, sort of like how Espo currently supports email templates.

What I have in mind is something like being able to create a template for a certain type of form I might want to generate for an account. I could have access to the fields of the account (i.e. name, phone number, shipping address, etc, like how an email template can refer to fields). Then on an account there would be a button to generate this type of form and it would generate the associated Latex code for that form and account. I could then download that code and compile it or (even better) Espo could invoke a Latex compiler on the server to render this as a PDF and let me download that instead.

This would enable people to generate things like purchase agreements automatically. It may be a pipe dream - there are certainly some complexities that I have not thought of yet. For instance, most forms would also require input from the user, like for auto-generating an invoice you would need to ask for an invoice number, etc. But it is something to think about. If a feature like this could enable auto-generation of purchase agreements, receipts, invoices, packing slips, etc. it would be of incredible value to advanced customers... maybe something for your advanced pack.

We do not plan to implement Latex Templates in nearest future but this functionality can be done as development work if you are ready pay for it.

Comment

Hi AlexAv. I am not surprised - it might require a good bit of work. You should gauge interest in something like this though. Maybe Latex is not the way to go - it is just a system I am personally familiar with. I suspect a lot of users would want this capability, if they could figure out how to use it (Latex is not especially user friendly). If you could come up with a good way of providing this capability (making custom PDF forms) I think this could really add value to your for-sale advanced pack.

Comment

Working...
      X