Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enable 2FA for portal user

Hello Yuri,

All is on the title for 2factor authentification, do you think it can be implemented easyly for portal user ?

Best kind regards

Hi,

I would also like to be able to enable 2FA for portal users. Is this something that is on the roadmap? or is there some steps I can do that would allow me to enable it?

Comment

Hi,
      I have updated a portal user record in the DB table: user_data with the 2FA settings and I am prompted for a code now when logging in, so the 2FA appears to work for a portal user however the UI Security Button that is available to internal users is not shown to a portal user. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can expose this button and the pop out menu it shows?

Comment

I was able to get this working by patching several files. Please be aware of the fact that I am not absolutely sure whether these changes pose some security risks (although I doubt it).

1. Allow portal users to access the UserSecurity service: You have to change several if statements in application/Espo/Services/UserSecurity.php from
        if (!$user->isAdmin() && !$user->isRegular()) throw new Forbidden();
        to
        if (!$user->isAdmin() && !$user->isRegular() && !$user->isPortal()) throw new Forbidden();
        so that the portal user is actually allowed to enable 2FA

2. Change client/src/views/user/record/detail.js so that the Security-Button appears:
        if (
        (this.model.id == this.getUser().id || this.getUser().isAdmin() ) &&
        (this.model.isRegular() || this.model.isAdmin() ) &&
        this.getConfig().get('auth2FA')
        ) {
        this.addButton({
        name: 'viewSecurity',
        label: 'Security',
        });
        }
        has to be changed to
        if (
        (this.model.id == this.getUser().id || this.getUser().isAdmin() || this.getUser().isPortal() ) &&
        (this.model.isRegular() || this.model.isAdmin() || this.getUser().isPortal() ) &&
        this.getConfig().get('auth2FA')
        ) {
        this.addButton({
        name: 'viewSecurity',
        label: 'Security',
        });
        }

Afterwards, you are able to enable 2FA for your portal users. And it works.

Comment

• eduardofendrich
          eduardofendrich commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, I've made the changes you wrote, rebuild Espo and restarted servers, but it doesn't worked for me.

Is there any other change to do?

Originally posted by item View Post
        Hello Yuri,

All is on the title for 2factor authentification, www-uspstracking.com do you think it can be implemented easyly for portal user ?

Best kind regards
        Now iam using this 2FA portal, it helps
        Thanks & Regards
        ritek

Comment

• eduardofendrich
          eduardofendrich commented
          Editing a comment
          Which changes have you did?

Can we have this added to espocrm by default, feature requested....

Comment

Working...
        X