Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possiblility to relate contacts like in a 'social network'

Hi

One solution to show some dependencies between your contact would be to add a parent type of relationship to a contact - so that I can know who was the source of the given contact (there is a similar thing in Lead, but using Leads and then converting to Contact does not 'keep' this information, so I stopped using Leads whatsoever). As far as I understand adding Parent-child relationships is not possible now?

Also, I can see that if I make a many-to-many relationship between contacts, a relationship created on one side is not reciprocal (i.e. does not show up on the other side). Is it possible to do that kind of thing (again, I am thinking LinkedIn style - people that know each other know each other both ways). This could make the need for the Parent-Child relationship not needed, I would just mark those people as related, that's enough.

Best regards,
    Michael

Hi

1. You can add parent relationship manually in metadata.
    2. I believe many-to-many should work. But you will need to have two different panels what's not nice.

Comment

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the info. The many-to-many relationship works one-sidedly, just if you add a relation on one side (say you mark that John knows Mary), if you open the other contact (Mary), it is not shown that she knows the first one (John), which is not the desired behaviour.

I don't even know how you could make two boxes but of course it would be best to have one

Best regards,
      Michael

Comment

Working...
      X