Cannot report on parent of Process User Task

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot report on parent of Process User Task

Hi, when I build reports on Opportunities I can access related items like tasks, calls and so on. I don't seem to be able to access Process User Tasks.

Can you add the ability to use the link between a Process User Task and Opportunity (or whatever else it can have as a parent).

Thanks.

PS - I still believe that Process User Tasks should be configurable like normal Tasks in Layout manager so that you can set their position within the Side Panels, and also have quick access to complete them.

> I still believe that Process User Tasks should be configurable like normal Tasks in Layout manager so that you can set their position within the Side Panels, and also have quick access to complete them.

You can use Report Panel for this.

Comment

Hi, can you comment on the first point?

On the 2nd, much as you can use a report panel for it, it is extra work, plus you don't get the quick actions that you get with Tasks and Calls e.g. for Tasks you can "View, Edit, Complete, Remove" all without leaving the parent screen.

Comment

Hi,

> can you comment on the first point?

There're design and technical issue with this. Not planned for now.

Comment

> it is extra work

For you it's an extra few minutes. For me it will be days and complication of the system, possible bugs etc.
          Last edited by yuri; 02-25-2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Is any reporting possible with User Process Tasks and their related objects? They seem to be separated islands of information that is not integrated.

Thanks

Comment

There's no out of the box.

You can create a relationship between opportunity and process user task. And then use formula (or workflow) to relate process task with a corresponding opportunity based on parent field.

When naming your relationship, I'd recommend to use more complex name, to prevent possible naming conflicts in the future.
              Last edited by yuri; 02-25-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

In the next version it will be possible to add backward links for Target field of User Task. In entity manager. So that, it will be possible to add has-children link for opportunity - user task relationship.

Comment

Hmm, not really sure I understand that, but will have a play when it comes out and I am sure it will make sense then.

What version are we talking about? Is it the next 5.8.X or 5.9?

Thanks

Comment

Comment

Hi yuri I have now come back to this as I have recently upgraded to 5.8.4. Can you explain again your comment about 'add backward links for Target field of User Task' or point me to the correct place in the documentation?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mat,

Here: https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...d-relationship

Comment

Working...
                        X