Header at boot up saying "There is a new version available"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header at boot up saying "There is a new version available"

I wish Espo could pop up a 'header' message upon login saying "There is a new version available." Each time I boot up Espo I go to "About" and see my version. I then go to the Espo site and click Downloads to see what the current one is and if different I go into SSH mode in Terminal and do the update command. It would be nice if I knew upon boot-up that I had the current version... or that I didn't.

It is not a major thing, but it would be nice feature. SugarCRM used to have this, however with their buggy codebase it was often wrong!! :-)

At Administration page you should see a red notification if your version is not the latest.

Comment

I never knew that... because I always go to the About page to see my version. It would be nice to put a notice on the home screen.

Comment

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't agree that is necessary. Based on the release frequency there doesn't need to be checked so frequently. Looking at the CRON job it is checking it on a daily basis. I would like to delay or increase that time at some point in the future.
    Working...
    X