Portal User Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal User Registration

I don't know whether this has been suggested before (a search tells me not) but it would be quite nice if there was an option within a Portal to allow new users to "register" for an account.

This registration could then be approved by an Administrator (or someone within a Role with that permission enabled).

We created something like external form which allow users to register. Thank to that they can create own portal user accounts using unique url.

Comment

• telecastg
      telecastg commented
      Editing a comment
      Could you share how you implemented the API to log in remotely ? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by emillod View Post
    We created something like external form which allow users to register. Thank to that they can create own portal user accounts using unique url.
    This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. I hadn't thought about using an external form but doing it that way (and calling the API) may be a good solution.

Thanks

Comment

Hello blueprint , if you haven't implemented the Self Registration functionality and for others interested in this topic, I just posted a tutorial on how to implement that using a custom landing (login) page.

This tutorial is a follow up on the previous post on how to implement a custom landing page for EspoCRM without modifying any core scripts. https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...n-landing-page (https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/developer-help/57904-tutorial-how-to-implement-a-custom-login-landing-page) If you haven't read the

Comment

I have tried to implement this following the steps but i just can't seem to see any changes. Have the EspoCRM files changed folders with the newer versions?

Comment

Hello.
          I'm not sure can i share with community that part of code because it's part of our business and i need to have approval from my partner.
          This code which telecastg published looks ok. He did that through espo and we have another approach.

Basically we've created external form which can be integrated in website and after that users can register and our script rpocess everything through API.

Comment

The problem i seem to have faced was that the files are not in the folders instructed by the first post on this thread: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...n-landing-page . Also some of the folders and file is had to create manually. Can you either implement a function into espocrm to let customers create a user which the admin can later link to a contact so that the customer can see various documents and maybe even book meetings or calls? Or if you have a code can you share how and where to implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by fratilitau View Post
              The problem i seem to have faced was that the files are not in the folders instructed by the first post on this thread: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...n-landing-page . Also some of the folders and file is had to create manually.
              The tutorial works but you will need to create all files and folders as described.

It is a coding tutorial NOT an Espo GUI tutorial. I will add a comment to the post to clarify this point so future visitors are not confused.

Can you either implement a function into espocrm to let customers create a user which the admin can later link to a contact so that the customer can see various documents and maybe even book meetings or calls?
              I don't think that Espo out of the box allows portal users (I assume that your customers are portal users) to create another user.

You will need a custom implementation for that. If you are not highly familiar with Espo code structure and program flow I suggest that you hire a professional developer like emillod or eymen-elkum to do that for you.
              Last edited by telecastg; 09-30-2020, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Actually what I mean is page visitors to have a link redirecting them to the portal login page where they could register their own users.

Comment

Working...
                X