Email in Case Stream and Subsequent Replies relating to existing case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email in Case Stream and Subsequent Replies relating to existing case

I see you've implemented emails and their attachments to be added to case stream. Thank you!!

Can only speak for my need of course, but my business has to keep track of email conversations and document attachments sent back and forth. We currently send email using Outlook, then manually copy/paste all our emails (sent and received) and upload their associated attachments into the stream - We need to be able to have the continuous stream where we can "scan through" all email conversations we have with a contact all at a glance. With the emails module in Espo, this is difficult to do. We can look at the last email, but to find an attachment that may have come in via an earlier email, It needs to be "hunted for".

Suggestions for future enhancements:
    • Emails (and attachments) that are sent and associated with a Parent Case will show in the Case's stream;

• I noticed that if an email sent from Espo is replied to, that it creates a new case. There is functionality to change the 'Parent' of the email, which is absolutely excellent, but when this is done, the new case that was created still exists. Would be nice to have the option to delete the second one that was created as it's really a duplicate.

• Previous bullet above could possibly be handled with the merge feature. I've explored this, but the only thing I encountered was that even though the inbound email shows in the case, when it's merged, the email does not show in the stream of the case it is merged to. It is accessible via the emails module.

• Ideal Espo would show sent and received emails, with their attachments associated with the case in the Case's stream.

• If I could send emails direct to the contact from the stream, that would be even better, while still having the ability to just add a note to the stream that isn't sent to the contact. (notes for just espo CRM users).

• Subsequent replies to emails (stream entries) will update the same Case, instead of creating a new one - Espo is so great because the fact that we are using a CRM can be invisible to the customer. Most other products out there have a ticket number or case ID stamped all over it, and it just seems impersonal for smaller business that want to provide a more personal service experience. Thank you for this. DeskPro was the only other product I found that did this so well, while remaining invisible to the customer. They "hide" the unique case number invisibly in the body of the email so when it is replied to, it is associated with the same case. (but DeskPRO is expensive!!!)

Thank you for all the hard work to date!
    B.
    Last edited by Abby8002; 02-04-2015, 05:28 AM.

Hi

* If replied email subject contains case number it should be attached to the existing case. You should compose from Case Detail view (Activities > Compose Email). It will add case number.
    * We will improve merge feature.

Comment

For the next version I will improve Email-to-Case feature. Each email sent from EspoCRM that related to Case will have reply-to address of Inbound Email entry.

Comment

Thanks yurikuzn, I will take a look at composing via Activities --> compose email. Thanks in advance for any future improvements!

Comment

Working...
        X