X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuzzy Search

Hello,

My request: Fuzzy Search.

In our particular scenario we have a lot of academy groups nowadays so many school's are prefixed with an academy name. E.g. "Inspirational Trust SchoolName" or "Harris Federation SchoolName". Searching for a specific school within this academy requires writing out that academy group name before the school's name as it searches only by matching the start of the string. I'm sure than many others not in the education industry will be in a similar scenario.

A fuzzy search would be very helpful in this matter, not requiring the name from the start before returning results. Something along the lines of %{search_term}%.

Thanks,
    Joe

Hi Joe,

You can use %search%.

Comment

You can trythis option in config: "Use 'contains' operator when filtering varchar fields"

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
        Hi Joe,

You can use %search%.
        Hi yurikusn, thanks for the response!

This does however raise more questions than it answers. Given that the majority of people using the CRM are Sales staff, not developers, why is this not the default option? To expect the layman so-to-speak to have to remember SQL functions when using a CRM is a big ask. Even as a developer I really don't want to have to write out SQL functions when using the CRM. It just slows everything down.

Could it not at least be added as an administration option to automatically search that way on every search field?

Originally posted by dimyy View Post
        You can trythis option in config: "Use 'contains' operator when filtering varchar fields"
        Where is this? Will this apply to all search fields or is it just the "Add field" option when doing a search over a list of results? I want this to apply to every search field. I.e. Adding an account name to a task or contact.

Comment

Comment

Administration > Settings > Use 'contains' operator when filtering varchar fields. There were numerous posts about this on the forum.
            Last edited by yuri; 07-18-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
              Administration > Settings > Use 'contains' operator when filtering varchar fields. There were numerous posts about this on the forum.
              Thanks, yurikuzn! We appear to be using a version before 5.3.0 as I can't find that there so I will have to upgrade Espo. Thanks for your swift responses.

Comment

Try adding a parameter manually to data/config.php. W/o upgrading.

'textFilterUseContainsForVarchar' => true

Comment

Working...
                X