Would like Notes that can be be attached to Account or Lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like Notes that can be be attached to Account or Lead

We would love a "notes" container to add to Leads and Accounts just like Calls, Meetings, etc. I often get or send emails to clients from my regular email client. With Sugar/SuiteCRM they would let me copy the email text and paste it into a "Note" that is attached to the Lead or Account, just like a phone call or a meeting, etc. I can have unlimited Notes, sorted by date.

The system has "Documents" but those are defined as "files" and I don't want to first save an email to a .txt file and then attach it to the Lead or Account. Currently I'm using the Meetings object for these emails but a "Notes" option (without the need for dates or other meta data) would sure be welcome to us.

Copying text into the Meetings description works, but Notes would be much better... if we had it.

Thanks for a great system.

Hi,

You can create custom entity with relationships with leads/accounts/contacts. Add a text field and file field. Then add the panels in the layout manager.

Comment

Is there a step-by-step tutorial on how to do the above? All that is needed is to add a new Notes table (entity) to the database with a 'key' and a 'text' field and a date field...and then add this new entity to side panel along with Calls, Meetings, etc. and allow it to be sorted by date. We're using the Meetings entity for this now. Maybe you could just copy this code and add Notes to the entire system? We come to you from SugarCRM for seven years and then SuiteCRM (which took over the open-source version of Sugar) and both of those systems have a Notes entity which is easy to use. I'll be happy to try what you said above if there is a 'how-to' on the procedure. Fortunately, "Meetings" works well enough for us and it auto-sorts from new to old in the detail side panel.

Let me state that I LOVE Espo. It is a "breath of fresh air" for us as it is not buggy, never crashes, is fast, and the updates are very quick. SuiteCRM is totally bloated with old code that no one can figure out! I've looked at a lot of databases, and Espo is the best that I've found. You should put a PayPal "Donate" button on your Support page as we'd be happy to support you with a financial contribution. I think many others would as well.

Comment

It's possible to add notes panel only to the bottom (below Stream).

1. Administration > Entity Manager > Create Entity -- create entity for your notes (chose some other name since 'Note' name is already used for stream posts).

2. Administration > Entity Manager > Accounts > Relationships -- create relationship between Account and Notes (one-to-many).

3. Administration > Layout Manager > Accounts > Relationships -- add Notes panel.

In this video, learn how to create a custom entity, edit existing ones, manage fields and relationships.

You can also use Stream to store notes, as it was supposed to be used.

Comment

We were faced with a similar requirement and as yurikuzn has mentioned we're using the Stream to track these "notes". It works perfect. You get a date/time stamp and you can even attach a file to your post if you want. It's available in all the entities. Incidentaly, the Stream is stored in "notes" in the database.

I also agree, EspoCRM is hands-down the best, most versatile CRM out-there. Would gladly contribute to the team.

Comment

I have no idea what Streams is... I don't see it on a Lead or Account side panel but maybe it has to be added. I'd like to try Streams if I can figure out what it is! I just want to attach text "notes" to various leads and accounts... most often just email content we paste in from our Apple Mail client. (We don't use Espo mail very often.)

Would creating a new entity be update proof?

Comment

Stream is not on the side panel, but on the bottom panel (below the record detail)

Comment

The Stream is at the bottom of the page. You can enable/disable it through Administration: Entity Manager: Edit the properties of the entity and check the Stream check-mark. Try it..

Upgrading does maintain your custom created emtities.

Comment

Not a bad solution but a stream does not have a 'title' or a built-in date like Meetings does. Also, I can't minimize them. I only want to see them when I click on them like Meetings, Calls, etc, in the right side-panel. So I think I will try to create a Notes entity and see if that will work for me... unless there might be some 'commitment' on the part of the developers to add Notes later on? For the time being, Meetings works well. Maybe I can change the word "Meetings" to "Notes" and leave everything alone? :-)

We are web designers (newmediacreate.com) and our clients are all over the world. We NEVER meet with them face to face.

Comment

You can create an entity of Event type. Then it will be possible to add it to the History and Activities panels at: Administration > Settings > Actvities.

Comment

OK, I will give this a try and report back here with results or questions.

Comment

This is an old posting but if you haven't found a way to create notes that you can attach to any entity as a side panel, check this extension that allows you to attach notes (Activity Log) and also to have internal or external chats pertaining to an entity as side panels as well.

The extension's latest version is compatible with Espo 7.x https://payhip.com/b/tq62X

Comment

Working...
                        X