Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-letters prefix for tables

Hi,

I like your (my) EspoCRM a lot since I've discovered it. But digging into tables is a nightmare. May you please consider adding a 2-letters prefix for tables ?

Regards,
    D
    Last edited by yuri; 04-19-2021, 09:01 AM.

Hi

Do you mean db tables?

Comment

Hi, yes database tables.

Comment

Table prefix could be made as a config option. For instance, vBulletin has this option in the config.php file.

Comment

• punkyard
          punkyard commented
          Editing a comment
          hi, could you detail the way to use this option please?

I don't think it's critical. Use different tables if you need different instances.

Comment

Let me explain why I think this is needed.
          Most of the time, the webhost will allow only one database, on which you will have all your tools (Wordpress, EspoCRM, a bulletin board, ana app)
          The prefix allow seeing which database table belongs to which web engine.

This is very helpfull in case of issue...

Comment

Originally posted by webcrm View Post
            Table prefix could be made as a config option. For instance, vBulletin has this option in the config.php file.
            Hi, could you explain this process please?

Comment

I for my part never would subscribe a hosting, that gives only one database for all different applications. That will result in a big mess, even when prefixing. Also backup will be more clumsy.
              There are a lot of good priced hostings with several up to unlimited databases.

Comment

ok, thanks
                I was expecting a clear explanation for why no prefix
                I don't have a choice here, so I'm not discussing whether the host i'm using is good or not

but, for the rookie that I am, I don't see any mess in a database Ôô exporting is a very simple deed, during which you can easily choose the tables you need/don't need ..
                if they have a prefix ..

every other CMS / CRM does it .. there might be a good reason to find out

Comment

> every other CMS / CRM does it

I don't buy it when "every other" phrase is used. I'm sure there are other systems (at least one to refute the statement) w/o this feature. It will be not very easy task to add support of it. We have more important things to do. I recommend getting normal hosting. Those ones that do not allow multiple databases are not worth using. In the era of containers it's weird to me that they are still used by business.
                  Last edited by yuri; 05-08-2021, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Hello,
                    one database = one application = one "vps" .. it's the base of all !

a crm is one database, one application and one computer/vps !

you can have multiple site (joomla/wordpress or ..) in one vps .. but this is not valable for crm.

Regards

Comment

• punkyard
                      punkyard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      could you comment your own statements please?
                      I don't know much about DB but I've never read anything like this before
                      I see developers with heaps of apps, cms, crm, working in one place, without a problem
                      could you explain please?
                      thanks
                      good evening

Salut,

un crm exige des ressources et le goulot d'etranglement est la base de donnee !
                    le seul soucis actuellement c'est de trouver comment diminuer cet etranglement.
                    Avoir le plus rapide des disques, un tunning du parametres de la base de donnee, des index dans les tables d'espoCRM.. etc.

Vaut mieux partir sur une bonne base que de ce retrouver 3 mois plus tard a attendre que 4secondes qu'une vue liste s'affiche.

And secutiry issue because if you have one db with espoCRM, vBulletin, Joomla and so .. cms/forum is security problem !

bav
                    Last edited by item; 05-09-2021, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• punkyard
                      punkyard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      thanks for that that's a clear answer
                      now question remains: would a prefix option at install harm the crm? could it meet user expectations and needs?

we are just talking about an option, right ?

• item
                      item commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hello,
                      if you have only espocrm in db, no there are no issue.. but what append for all other extentions/code refactoring/update/ugrade/.....and certainly new bug. I think the "work" for just have a "prefix" in table is too big and issue ready. This is only my opinion.

the question was "multiple application" in one "db" because restriction of provider.

ok! i get the main reason: too much work to link all extensions and updates to ownprefix_tables
                    no more asking, thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X