No announcement yet.

Upload all files to an object store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parameters need to be set in data/config-internal.php: 'defaultFileStorage' => 'AwsS3', 'awsS3Storage' => [ 'bucketName' => 'BUCKET_NAME', 'path' => 'OPTIONAL_PATH_WHERE_FILES_WILL_BE_STORED', 'cre...

Comment

Hi,

How is it going with AWS S3 to you guys? It seems to be working, but I have a few questions:

1. Are you capable to separate diverse attachments? Let's say I upload .png pictures as "Attachment Multiple" (field - attachments, type - image/png) and .pdf documents as "File" (field - file, type - application/pdf) and they are all uploaded to AWS S3 in the same bucket. Is it possible to upload them to different buckets? I want to set different lifecycle rules to .png and .pdf files (I want to delete .png pictures after 180 days, but not the .pdf contracts with clients). Do you have any ideas on how could I implement that?

2. Is it possible not to send "File" type attachments to AWS, but keep them in the CRM data/upload folder?
      Last edited by Laimonas; 10-18-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Hi,

1. No. But it can be easily implemented by a developer.

2. You need to add some logic (it can in BeforeSave hook for Attachment) that sets different 'storage' attribute ('EspoUploadDir' or 'AwsS3') depending on conditions. An attachment record has the 'storage' attribute that indicates what storage implementation to use.
        Last edited by yuri; 10-19-2021, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I will try to implement the second option!

Comment

In the meantime you might try rclone with mount option
            Mount the remote as file system on a mountpoint.

Comment

Working...
            X