Fix merge action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix merge action

Currently if you merge two entities, linked custom entities are not correctly updated. This is because which entities are merged is statically configured in a property of the entity $mergeLinkList.

It would be great if you could just query the ORM for all possible links and merge them, I don't see why the user would want any entities to be unlinked.

This should be the default process, mistakes happen and duplicates occur, so merging is a necessity.

Also - some users will presume that linked entities will be retained after a merging process. Losing these links is not much fun.

Comment

ok, I will look.

Comment

I may add here: When merging I can only use either / or but I have no chance to edit the target field. Let's say there is important information in both records and I would like to keep the 'better' one - I still would like to carry some of the information of the 'worse' one over.
        ------------------
        Robert Laussegger
        iscon group
        http://www.iscongroup.net
        mailto://info@iscongroup.net

Comment

Absolutely - that would be a great addition - to allow the user to drag & drop email addresses / telephone numbers, merge fields etc.

Comment

Working...
          X