Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments to emails do not open automatically

Hello

I want to use emails only (in the future) for marketing campaigns, so I will not use it to send emails to a Contact. However, I want to log that I did send an Outlook email attaching the message when doing an 'Archive email'. When clicking on the attachment:
    . if this a .msg file (Outlook email), it does not open automatically but open the Windows form to ask which program to use, and each time you have to find the Outlook.exe file on the right directory (which is completely unpracticable).
    . if this an html file, it again asks which program to use, except that this time the default browser is listed (less unpracticable). The problem with saving Outlook message in an html file is that you cannot access the attachment (for instance a PPT, a PDF, etc.) that has been sent with the msg.

I put this as a feature request because this is more an improvement than a real bug.
    Do not hesitate to ask for any precision.

Regards.

Mime type must be incorrect then?

Comment

Hi

Not sure that this problem with EspoCRM. PDF should be opened automatically if mime type is proper.

Comment

PDF's definitely work, and I just tried a .html file and the mime type was correct too.

Comment

Could be my PC then. Now I was not talking about opening a PDF but opening an Outlook mail as an attachment, solution I prefer to an html email, as the Outlook mail I send to a customer will probably have a PDF inside, that I cannot see with an html mail.
          Regards.

Comment

Working...
          X