Support for Sending Emails via SMTP Using Alias Addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Sending Emails via SMTP Using Alias Addresses

I would like to request the addition of a feature in EspoCRM that allows users to send emails via SMTP using alias addresses. This feature is particularly useful for users who manage multiple email addresses under a single account and wish to send emails from different aliases without having to manually configure each alias separately.

Current Limitation: At present, EspoCRM allows users to send emails through SMTP with the primary email address configured in their account settings. However, there is no built-in option to select or use an alias address for sending emails. This limitation requires users to either manually change the "From" address in each email or set up separate email accounts for each alias, which can be cumbersome.

Proposed Solution:
    1. Alias Configuration in Email Settings:
      • Introduce an option in the Email Account settings to add and manage alias addresses associated with the primary email account.
      • Allow users to specify which alias to use when composing an email, either by selecting it from a dropdown menu or setting a default alias per account.
    2. SMTP Integration for Aliases:
      • Enhance the SMTP settings to allow authentication using the primary email account while enabling the use of aliases as the sender address.
      • Ensure that the proper SMTP authentication is maintained, and the email is sent as the alias while still using the primary account's credentials.
    3. User Interface Improvements:
      • In the email composition window, providethat lists available aliases configured for the account in "From" dropdown
      • Automatically populate the "From" field with the selected alias when sending emails through workflows or manually.
    4. Auto-Selection of Email Account When Replying:
      • Implement a feature that automatically selects the sender email address based on the email account where the original email was received when replying.​
    Last edited by sapyantuk; 08-27-2024, 11:54 AM.

Auto-Selection of Email Account When Replying:
    • Implement a feature that automatically selects the sender email address based on the email account where the original email was received when replying.

Comment

yuri is there any chances of this ?

Comment

• esforim
        esforim commented
        Editing a comment
        I was too late to warn you. Yeah, I would not recommend doing a @ ping like that.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	27.3 KB ID:	109723

I get tons of info every day. I can't be always available and reply in all topics every day.​ Let alone when a significant effort is needed to be able to give a valuable reply.

My first thought was: Why not to use multiple email accounts. One with IMAP/SMTP, others with SMTP only. But I can't say for sure, as I don't have time to investigate the problem.
      Last edited by yuri; 08-29-2024, 01:00 PM.

Comment

You might want to check if your host/provider supports this. If I understood correctly, this feature has been blocked by the Company Ionos since the beginning of the year for security reasons. The domain name has to be the same, otherwise sending is blocked.
        Last edited by Ray; 09-02-2024, 06:27 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

I think it's already possible to use aliases by utilizing the scheme from my post above.

1. A user record has 3 email addresses (in the Email field).
          2. A user has 1 main Email Account with both IMAP and SMTP configured.
          3. A user has 2 additional Email Account with only SMTP configured. Credentials are the same as in the main Email Account but the email address is different.

Comment

Problem solved . Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X