Quotes to Opportunity Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes to Opportunity Relationship

I am new to Espocrm, and have purchased the Sales Pack. I must say I love the flexiblity and clean design of Espo. Well done Team!

One thing I am having trouble figuring out is how to setup our quotes to opportunities relationships.

Our classic use case:
    An opportunity is created linked to an account - classically an end-user who wants to purchase a product of ours to install on his site.
    The end user then requests quotes from three installation contractors, who each approach us for a quote for the item.
    So we need to create three separate quotes, to three different accounts, but all linked to this opportunity.

I can change the billing contact on the quote to a contact from another account (which did seem a bit strange to me) but do not know who to change the account on the quote without affecting the opportunity.

How can I set up espo so that I can create for example three quotes to three separate accounts, but all linked back to the opportunity which is linked to a different account?

This seems like a very common use case to us, so I am haoping that someone out there can help.

Hi davidceline,

You can easily create one Opportunity with account A and link three Quotes (1, 2, 3) with accounts B, C, D respectively to this Opportunity (please see the attached screenshot).

When creating a Quote, first select the required Account, save the Quote, and then select the necessary Opportunity in it.
    When the Select: Opportunities window in Quote pops up, simply remove the Account filter and click the Reset button to get a list of all Opportunities in the system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	opp-quotes.png Views:	0 Size:	48.3 KB ID:	82566

Comment

Working...
    X