Sales Pack - editing List Item in Quote, Sales Order or Invoice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales Pack - editing List Item in Quote, Sales Order or Invoice

Hello, I am helping a client, who bought the Sales Pack. He needs the possibility to edit the description in existing list items as well as being able to create new list items in the stage of writing a quote.
    The list items come from products, already with a description. Sometimes my customer needs to modify a detail in the description. This does not work, editing is possible, but on save it will be not displayed. The former description stays in place. I understand that as a consequence of the realtionship between products and list items.

If a list item is not in the products, it is possible to add a completely new item in the list. On save it displays all fields, except the description.

Is that a desired functionality? And if so, how could it be possible to provide a field, where one can insert modifications or description for variants of a product.
    I already created a custom field for additional description, but this field is not displayed, when I transform a quote to a sales order or invoice.

Help is appreciated.

Meanwhile I found the solution. When you want a custom field, like mentioned in my post, to appear as linked and editable/saveable you have to create the exact same field (fieldname exactly the same) in products.
    Then you go to Quote Items (or Sales Order Items or Invoice Items) to the field products there and add your newly created field via fieldlist to the relationship.
    Last edited by shalmaxb; 03-05-2022, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X