Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Templates

Hello all,

I have problems when creating/using quote templates.
    Can anyone recommend me a tutorial for this?

I am trying to create a quote from my products with a short product description, but I can't get it to work the way I want.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there.
    Do you want to create a quote from products? You can create a Quote and add the products into the Quote Items List. Please describe more explicitly what you are trying to achieve.
    Could you provide a screenshot of where you want to place the description?

Comment

Hi Maximus, thanks for your feedback.

Yes I want to create a quote and add the different products into the quote item list. Then I try to print this with pdf using a templateand sent it to the customer via email. But the templates don't give me the desired result.

Specifically, i want the description of the product in a nice layout within the quote, but i don' t how.
      What irritates me, is that the field "descriptionproduct" works with markdown, the template for the PDF, on the other hand, can only work with html.

Furthermore, i don't know how to adjust the size of the tables. As you can see in the example, I have removed a column and want to use the entire width of the paper and extend the length of the column with the product description.

Click image for larger version

Name:	78g7OnMRSG.png
Views:	569
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	74430Click image for larger version

Name:	Acrobat_GJk7NhInPP.png
Views:	429
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	74431

I hope you can give me some tips on how to solve this problem.

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Sebastian, the PDF template WYSIWYG suck, it a well known issue among the community. Getting it to look good is very difficult to do, we have a few discussion and workaround about this (see: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...email-template )

Some suggest to use an external editor, some suggest use Email template and print from there, other say you need to install another PDF engine.

You might want to create the WYSIWYG field and use that instead of Description field to write in description, this way you can control certain thing like Bold, Italic, font size, color etc.

As for merging the column or resizing it, you can click the <> button, this will change it to a HTML code where you can change the width, for example
        width=500px
        or width=50%

If you use another editor such as CKEditor5 ( https://onlinehtmleditor.dev/ ), it might be easier to edit the column size this way. Then copy and paste it into EspoCRM PDF template, add your field.
        Last edited by espcrm; 09-20-2021, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
          I will take a look at the proposed workaround and try some.
          Good idea using an new field, will give this some consideration.

I already use the raw HTML Code for resizing purposes, it works without issue.

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
          X